Remember when you could buy a game and play it immediately???

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Man we got jobs. I ain't leaving the PS4 on all day.
why not? it doesn't draw a lot of power, or cause a lot of wear-and-tear, when it's just doing nothing and/or downloading. plus don't these consoles have some kind of stand-by/instant-on mode that will download updates while it's in a low power mode?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The 360 gave us an option to install the game on the hard drive for faster load time. I swear I thought next generation would be even faster.

This generation went backward with the load times.

Don't even get me started on that bullshyt quick resume that never works.
What system are you using? :usure:

It works flawlessly on PS4.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
The best u can do is leave the PS4 in standby mode so you'll at least get the OS updates and patches for the games u already have. The worst is getting a new game and having to install the game AND a software update for the Playstation :snoop:

You can't leave ur console offline for a week and expect to just hop right in and play when u turn it on, those days are gone

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
One of my fav features this gen. So useful.

Would have loved this feature even more as a kid. My mom used to come through and pull the plug on my PS2 (before I could find a save point) for playing too long on a school night. :why:

Nowadays you can just suspend your game and come back to it anytime. Only thing that'll have you assed out is a power surge. :wow:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I'm saying. These dudes and their funny ass observations.

Bottom line is, on some level theres really no excuse for this. A 50 gigabyte patch update? On a brand new game?

That's ridiculous

You dudes are so ignorant holy shyt. Set your fukking console to rest mode so it can download any update you need. And before you have a heart attack on your plastic covered sofa about power, your cable box and computer practically does the same thing(or are you on antennas and typewriters?)

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
What system are you using? :usure:

It works flawlessly on PS4.

Xbox one! :mjcry:

Trying to quick resume Final Fantasy XV, only for the game to glitch and crash and having to quit the game and reload the game, when reloading The games takes at least 15 mins to load back up :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: