Regular season basketball in LA: Your Boss Angeles Lakers vs the Denver nuggets

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
sidenote, but bynum was stealing rebounds from teammates tonight too. stat padding ass :smh:

:what:

nikka where have you been?

im a fan of his show too but he's always been kinda pompous like that. he blocks people on twitter all the time just for disagreeing with him. :laugh:

i dont know what school he went to that allowed him to leave with that sassy attitude, but it couldnt have been on the northside of houston.

I think he went to CAU, he was supposed to be there the same time that I was..He was probably a nerd that wasn't on the yard or into sports...I'm not saying this because I knew him, I'm saying this because I didn't know him..(our freshman class was relatively small)

But yeah his level of sassy is usually relegated to Morehouse men....

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I hate Kobes teammates

They've never properly built a team around kobe
I never liked bynums crybaby ass, I knew all those 30 pt games were fake.

Yeah, that's cuz Ron the only other real nikka on the squad. I don't care how bad he's been overall this season at least he shows up.
Exactly

Don't give a fukk. They've lost me for life. We could sweep all the way and win the title and I still want them gone. I can't fukk with this fakkitry.
Gasol bytch ass lost me last year, there is nobody on denver that can gaurd nobody on our team, but instead bynum and gasol just stand in one spot away from the rim doing nothing. there was one play when that nikka with the dreads was scrambling for the ball and gasol just stood there with his thumbs in his ass while ole boy grab the ball and dunked on him.:snoop:

this is what fukks me up.

is this how Jimmy wants the man that has carried this fukkin' franchise for the past 8 yrs to go out? this nikka will be 34 this summer wit some bad knees, broken fingers, and a fukked up wrist. and he's still gone fukk around and play in the Olympics. gotta give the man something to work with before its lights out on his career. he deserves that much.

I wouldnt be surprised if these nikkas is in on the fix...

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Real live tho, Ariel Sharon had me dyin with all those nicknames for Faried. The Sword of Islam truly is takin it to fagsal in the name of all the dead Moors. It's what we get for fukkin wit a gutless, feminine Spaniard. :laugh:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
cotdamn imagin if the lakers loose..might be worse than the abuse they got last year

the fourm will go nuts

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Q: How tough was it to play that game with the way you were feeling?
KB: It was tough. I was just tired, drained. You just gotta push past it as much as possible. Just play hard and leave it all out there and get plenty of rest after the game.

Q: After Game 5 you said that you tried to bail your teammates out in the 4th Quarter. Did you feel burdened tonight?
KB: Yeah, I mean particularly the start of the ballgame, you know, to generally come out to see how everybody else is flowing, see what kind of rythym guys are going to be in...they blitzkrieg'd us at the start of the game and jumped out to an 11-0 run and I couldn't really wait. I had to try and do what I could to keep us in the game at that point.

Q: Metta World Peace will be available for Game 7 -- I know he's been practicing but couldn't play. Realistically, what do you expect from him in this huge game?
KB: Well, I expect him to come out and play with the tenacity that he's known for. He's the one guy that I can rely on night in and night out to compete and play hard, play with a sense of urgency and to play with no fear, so I'm looking forward to having that by my side again.

Q: 37 minutes when you're feeling like this was obviously a pretty big effort. Do you think your teammates matched your heart tonight?
KB: No, of course they didn't.

Q: Mike (Brown) was pretty pointed in his remarks about Andrew and Pau ...saying that they didn't bring what the team needed them to do. Do you agree with that and where do you see that they can improve?
KB: Of course I agree with that. I talked with Pau a little bit after the game and I'll speak with Andrew as well. It's one of those things psychologically, you have to put yourself in a position where you have no other option but to perform. You have to emotionally put yourself with your back against the wall and kind of trick yourself, so to speak, to feel there's no other option but to perform and to battle. And when you have that and put yourself into that mindset your performance and talent shines through. It doesn't matter what the defense does or it doesn't matter if you get fouled...it doesn't matter because you're emotionally at a level that's above that and that is the mindstate that they have to put themselves in.

Q: Kobe, did your teammates let you down?
KB: Yeah, we let each other down for sure. We didn't step up and meet the energy and I expect them to come out in Game 7 and play with a sense of urgency and a sense of desperation that wasn't there the last two games.

Q: These are some guys that you've won playoff games with... won game 7 in the NBA Finals with, why do you think it hasn't carried over to this series?
KB: Ahh, I don't know. But I can speak from experience ...in our first Championship run in 2000 where we wind up going to 5 games against a Sacramento team, we got pushed to the brink against Houston in our championship runs, so these sorts of things do happen. In 2008 we met a Boston team in the Finals that got pushed to a Game 7 against an up and coming young Atlanta team...so these things happen, you just have to respond.

Q: Do you know how you got sick? Can you describe a little bit how your day was like with your sickness?
KB: I don't know. My room resembled a scene from the exorcist.

Q: That hard foul on Faried... frustration? Sending him a message? Some of that? All of that?
KB: Neither. I was genuinely trying to swipe at the ball... the ball was going up, I was trying to get it before he elevated to get to the rim. I tried to swipe it and knock it out of bounds and it's unfortunate that I got him in the head. It definitely wasn't intentional, I was trying to make a play on the ball and I'm just happy that he's ok.

for those that didnt hear it.

-DMP-

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That Kobe foul was not a flagrant 2 in anyway. It was borderline flagrant. It only looked bad because the contact caused Faried's legs to get tangled on Barnes on his way down. It was an obvious contest of the shot. I can see it being called a flagrant 1 but no way in hell would it be called a flagrant 2.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Q: How tough was it to play that game with the way you were feeling?
KB: It was tough. I was just tired, drained. You just gotta push past it as much as possible. Just play hard and leave it all out there and get plenty of rest after the game.

Q: After Game 5 you said that you tried to bail your teammates out in the 4th Quarter. Did you feel burdened tonight?
KB: Yeah, I mean particularly the start of the ballgame, you know, to generally come out to see how everybody else is flowing, see what kind of rythym guys are going to be in...they blitzkrieg'd us at the start of the game and jumped out to an 11-0 run and I couldn't really wait. I had to try and do what I could to keep us in the game at that point.

Q: Metta World Peace will be available for Game 7 -- I know he's been practicing but couldn't play. Realistically, what do you expect from him in this huge game?
KB: Well, I expect him to come out and play with the tenacity that he's known for. He's the one guy that I can rely on night in and night out to compete and play hard, play with a sense of urgency and to play with no fear, so I'm looking forward to having that by my side again.

Q: 37 minutes when you're feeling like this was obviously a pretty big effort. Do you think your teammates matched your heart tonight?
KB: No, of course they didn't.

Q: Mike (Brown) was pretty pointed in his remarks about Andrew and Pau ...saying that they didn't bring what the team needed them to do. Do you agree with that and where do you see that they can improve?
KB: Of course I agree with that. I talked with Pau a little bit after the game and I'll speak with Andrew as well. It's one of those things psychologically, you have to put yourself in a position where you have no other option but to perform. You have to emotionally put yourself with your back against the wall and kind of trick yourself, so to speak, to feel there's no other option but to perform and to battle. And when you have that and put yourself into that mindset your performance and talent shines through. It doesn't matter what the defense does or it doesn't matter if you get fouled...it doesn't matter because you're emotionally at a level that's above that and that is the mindstate that they have to put themselves in.

Q: Kobe, did your teammates let you down?
KB: Yeah, we let each other down for sure. We didn't step up and meet the energy and I expect them to come out in Game 7 and play with a sense of urgency and a sense of desperation that wasn't there the last two games.

Q: These are some guys that you've won playoff games with... won game 7 in the NBA Finals with, why do you think it hasn't carried over to this series?
KB: Ahh, I don't know. But I can speak from experience ...in our first Championship run in 2000 where we wind up going to 5 games against a Sacramento team, we got pushed to the brink against Houston in our championship runs, so these sorts of things do happen. In 2008 we met a Boston team in the Finals that got pushed to a Game 7 against an up and coming young Atlanta team...so these things happen, you just have to respond.

Q: Do you know how you got sick? Can you describe a little bit how your day was like with your sickness?
KB: I don't know. My room resembled a scene from the exorcist.
Q: That hard foul on Faried... frustration? Sending him a message? Some of that? All of that?
KB: Neither. I was genuinely trying to swipe at the ball... the ball was going up, I was trying to get it before he elevated to get to the rim. I tried to swipe it and knock it out of bounds and it's unfortunate that I got him in the head. It definitely wasn't intentional, I was trying to make a play on the ball and I'm just happy that he's ok.

for those that didnt hear it.

-DMP-

:scusthov:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
We better win Game 7.....that's all.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
as much as you guys hate to admit it. There's no other team in the West you'll rather watch than Lakers. So hate all you want. lets be honest, you want to watch them in the finals.