Redfall looking like shyt outchea Update: COMING IN AT 30FPS LMAO

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meanwhile you’re still posting about how much more powerful the series x is in another thread:bryan:

The game doesn’t look good and it won’t “feel” good, so whats even left?
I was posting about
RNDA2 vs non RNDA2, in a RNDA2 thread. But if you only took "it's more powerful" from that then that's on you.

Gizmo stay trying to lie and change stuff up:ufdup:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Same dudes was all in the zelda thread drooling:wow:

Seems like most people have the same energy for zelda, and surprise…. No one is in there running defense, mr butts :sas2:

Not looking forward to going back to 30 fps :francis: put a real revision out

Have no problem at all with the art style, i really like it. Its just the performance and display options at this point thats not cutting it

And yeah, i want to play this in stable 60fps, 1080p (at least)

can tell performance is going to be a issue.

I was one of those ppl who “couldn’t see” the difference between 30 vs 60 fps…now I’m spoiled on games needing to be 60 fps…I tried replaying BOTW a few months ago and it felt “sluggish”

Trying to go back to 30fps when you've been playing nothing but 60fps is objectively WOAT. :scust:

:mjlol: Lies, Lies. It looking good doesn't take away how the game feels. It still feels ever bit of 30fps and you know this, fool.

But “stop picking on microsoft the 2 trillion dollar 12 teraflop company :damn:

Last edited:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Jokes aside...the decision making at some of these developers and publishers is befuddling.

Do the people who make games, even play games?

The decision to prioritize the quality mode over the performance mode for a shooter is dumb.

The decision to only have the host's progress save and only host gets campaign achievements in a game focused around co-op is dumb.

Those are two legitimate complaints about this title. Any of the decision makers on the development side who signed off on that clearly doesn't play games.

Also, I don't believe the whole "players don't care about 30 vs 60" argument. The most popular games in the last few years on consoles have been games that have had 60 (or at least targeting 60) modes.

Most people can't explain it, but the higher frame rate contributes to the games success since they are more responsive and feel better to play.

I really hope that Star Wars: Jedi Survivor has a performance mode. That's another action game that is open world and uses Unreal Engine 4. It's also another game that we haven't seen console footage for.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is a thread I created before this gen started about how this generation of games would be judged on how they feel more than how they looked, and how frame rate would be king.

A certain group of "Stan's" had nothing but jokes about that not being the case...

And here we are.

People were looking a reason to hate on the game, went from graphics to AI gameplay and now frame rate.
Twelve teraflops

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nobody was expecting that game to be anything but 30fps
so what?

Either 30fps is a dealbreaker or it isn’t. It is for me, I’m not playing Zelda on that dusty switch, i won’t be playing red fall till they put in the performance mode:manny:

Dudes play through all types of performance fukkery to play the games they like. Hell lots of games that have a “performance” mode run at like 40 to a struggle 52fps and nobody cares.

This, like much everything else around here is forum fodder:manny:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
open world co-op game being at 30 probably has more to do with the CPU, and UE4 streaming issues. not "twelve teraflops"

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jokes aside...the decision making at some of these developers and publishers is befuddling.

Do the people who make games, even play games?

The decision to prioritize the quality mode over the performance mode for a shooter is dumb.

The decision to only have the host's progress save and only host gets campaign achievements in a game focused around co-op is dumb.

Those are two legitimate complaints about this title. Any of the decision makers on the development side who signed off on that clearly doesn't play games.

Also, I don't believe the whole "players don't care about 30 vs 60" argument. The most popular games in the last few years on consoles have been games that have had 60 (or at least targeting 60) modes.

Most people can't explain it, but the higher frame rate contributes to the games success since they are more responsive and feel better to play.

I really hope that Star Wars: Jedi Survivor has a performance mode. That's another action game that is open world and uses Unreal Engine 4. It's also another game that we haven't seen console footage for.
Bolded is pretty standard, at least from what I've played in online games with campaign lately.

I'm surprised a performance mode on Xbox isn't going to be ready for launch though.

Most triple A games have performance modes at launch now, I expect Jedi survivor will also.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so what?

Either 30fps is a dealbreaker or it isn’t. It is for me, I’m not playing Zelda on that dusty switch, i won’t be playing red fall till they put in the performance mode:manny:

Dudes play through all types of performance fukkery to play the games they like. Hell lots of games that have a “performance” mode run at like 40 to a struggle 52fps and nobody cares.

The last of us thread has a ton of examples. That game dropped as trash on PC and dudes spent money and playing like it's a minor inconvenience

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so what?

I think 60fps is more important in a first person shooter

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I really hope that Star Wars: Jedi Survivor has a performance mode.

It does

On PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, will there be an option to choose between a quality or performance mode?

If supported by your platform, you may have the option to choose between a performance or quality mode.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think 60fps is more important in a first person shooter
Most people don’t care

I think it matters either way.

It’s not like this is some competitive arena shooter.

It’s an open world co-op game. And a 60fps patch is coming. Hardly the end of the world, but here we are :francis: