Red Dead Redemption 2 | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
RDR and GTA V is the only Rockstar game the playable characters die in it lol.

The protagonist dies in L.A. Noire as well

In case you didn't know

RDR2 is set before RDR1

Speculation so far is Arthur Morgan forces or takes John under his wing and they work for dutch.... It's all we really can say for now, that and The main character dies because he wasn't mentioned in RDR1.

Just my own speculation, whatever happens to Morgan is the event that triggers Marston to leave Dutch's gang. In the first game, they were always vague about what exactly happened there.

Wow this is high praise. I have RDR on 360 but never really played it like that. I need to give it another try

One of the few PS3 games I beat 100%. It's a must play and a travesty we haven't seen a remaster or PC port. Apparently, the original coding is a complete mess so they'd have to go from scratch which they're not willing to do

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
The protagonist dies in L.A. Noire as well

Just my own speculation, whatever happens to Morgan is the event that triggers Marston to leave Dutch's gang. In the first game, they were always vague about what exactly happened there.

Never played LA Noire...(i purchased RDR instead back then lol best choice ever )

And Morgan has to die.. Or he leaves the country... What would be nice is Arthur Morgan Probably teaches john how to shoot so good.

(Dead eye meter)

He also said in the trailer they have lawmen after them, might be Edgar Ross qnd the government agents.

Would make a lot of sense seeing how they are on the run in RDR2, so they got John who wants out to do the work for them and kill them in RDR.

Last edited:
Daps
Never played LA Noire...(i purchased RDR lol best choice ever )

And Morgan has to die.. Or he leaves the country... What would be nice is Arthur Morgan Probably teaches john how to shoot so good.

(Dead eye meter)

He also said in the trailer they have lawmen after them, might be Edgar Ross qnd the government agents.

Would make a lot of sense seeing how they are on the run in RDR2, so they got John who wants out to do the work for them and kill them in RDR.

I believe the reason John quits the gang is a culmination of things. He falls in love with the gang's whore, abigail. They have a son, but Im sure the gang still wants their hoe back. That don't sit well with him one bit.

Dutch starts going crazy and paranoid. Prolly starts killing members of the gang like Arthur.

When they finally leave him for dead in the robbery, that's when John has had enough.
Notice in the first trailer what Arthur says "When the time comes, you better run"
Arthur may be John's mentor and tells him that Dutch is losing it.
I assume either right before or during the robbery is when Arthur gets murdered by Dutch. Hell Arthur may actually end up with the feds, which drives dutch crazy as he couldnt even trust his right hand man.

I assume we control John after that. Maybe. I'd like to play as John by the end. Too bad we won't get many story missions with him.

Kairi Irving

Daps
I believe the reason John quits the gang is a culmination of things. He falls in love with the gang's whore, abigail. They have a son, but Im sure the gang still wants their hoe back. That don't sit well with him one bit.

Dutch starts going crazy and paranoid. Prolly starts killing members of the gang like Arthur.

When they finally leave him for dead in the robbery, that's when John has had enough.
Notice in the first trailer what Arthur says "When the time comes, you better run"
Arthur may be John's mentor and tells him that Dutch is losing it.
I assume either right before or during the robbery is when Arthur gets murdered by Dutch. Hell Arthur may actually end up with the feds, which drives dutch crazy as he couldnt even trust his right hand man.

I assume we control John after that. Maybe. I'd like to play as John by the end. Too bad we won't get many story missions with him.

I also thought Arthur is probably an undercover agent the whole time lol

Daps
I also thought Arthur is probably an undercover agent the whole time lol

May also be one of the reasons they choose John to wrangle up his friends in the first one. His mentor was an undercover agent and the agency may help John get out somehow. Idk. I just really hope it's at least as good as the first one.

Kairi Irving

Daps
May also be one of the reasons they choose John to wrangle up his friends in the first one. His mentor was an undercover agent and the agency may help John get out somehow. Idk. I just really hope it's at least as good as the first one.

That or John is the rat the whole time :patrice:

We need to chill on this speculating lol

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I heard the main character dies in the middle of the game & we play as a young john possibly

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
...dudes in here had me confused when y'all are claiming one of the protagonists in gta5 dies. i'm saying to myself, nobody died, then i realized i must have been the only player that didn't kill off mike or trevor.

@Leavingtheecstasy theory of dutch being mad at john for mashing out with the gang's whore seems off, but is extremely hilarious no less. R* definitely should have a mission dedicated to telling their story of captain savings. they can title it, "ran off with the plug", "making a ho into a housewife", "she's not only in the gang, but she has the whole gang inside of her: abigail". the last title is a bit long, but they could whittle it down and re-work it.