Record low all star game ratings… by a WIDE MARGIN

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That’s the main thing the NBA does that Goodell and the NFL would never allow. NBA commentators go on ESPN and TNT and literally shyt on the product every game while the games are being played, in order to prop up the past that ALREADY HAPPENED, and then wonder why nobody gives a fukk about the actual games. NBA media literally drills it into your head that nothing matters but the Finals (not even the playoffs, just the Finals), mostly as a way to continue to prop up Jordan (another topic), so why should anyone be shocked by this result.

Good point that trashing players and then telling us to watch the same players on the same network has a predictable outcome. But, the players and league are in it together to scam fans. The money is too good and too guaranteed at the moment to gaf about fan enjoyment

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

And y'all still believe they're getting $75 billion for their media rights.

The NFL could put on a flag football league tomorrow with practice players and have more viewers than the NBA regular season.
They probably still will. Obviously the league has issues but it's valuable content. You really can't compare NBA and NFL ratings though that doesn't even make sense imo.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Steph, KD, Zion, Giannis, KAT, AD, and Kawhi were all out, and LeBron played less than a half. (Not to mention popular players like Westbrook, Harden, and CP3 who ain't out there either.)

The all-star game usually has 90% of the league's stars playing. It's going to have an impact when a majority of the top-10 players weren't even there by the second half.

Edit: Just look at the fan voting.

The only players with over 5 million fan votes were Bron, Giannis, KD, and Steph. Bron played 14 minutes and the rest didn't play at all.

The top 7 vote-getters in the Western Conference were LeBron, Steph, Luka, Jokic, AD, Zion, and Wiggins. Barely any of those guys played.

If the main stars that the fans like aren't even there, then the fans aren't going to watch.
Did KAT, AD and Kahwi even get selected as all stars this year?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
New record-low, by a wide margin, for NBA All-Star Game (link)

:yeshrug: We tried to tell y’all this was the worst of all time era and y’all ain’t wanna believe. This what happens when you cater to fat Europeans and try to make those guys the “faces” if the league instead of black Americans, yea I said it.

It’ll only get worse from here, that mid season playoff will eventually fall irrelevant too.

I assume you mean the Jokics of the world...

Well, he's on record as saying that today's All-Star Game is not meant for his style of play.

If a league wants an ALL-STAR game/weekend to succeed, then it probably needs its ALL-STARS to take part in the festivities or set up the rules/format of the game that allows its superstars to accurately showcase the game of basketball.

Instead, you get a game that basically amounts to Adam Silver telling Damian Lillard and Steph Curry to play a 2-hour game of HORSE.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I don't know why certain people try to blame Europeans and Africans cause 4 of them are great at basketball :mjlol:
3 of them are even big men, which is what people are missing and all the casuals (left) treasure. So in other words it would be far worse without them.

This has exactly nothing to do with NBAs fall off, especially not the All-star weekends fall off. Cause this fall off started far before them and rating in regular season has actually increased with them.

All-star however, the new generation of players have killed it. The game is absolutely trash and they are not competing in the contests. How is this Jokic fault? Jokic is just a boring guy who does his job, like Duncan.
Another fact is that the NFL season is too close to the All-star now.

When everything else fails, blame foreigners, the MAGAbreh way :mjpls:

It was a new generation of stars and they are not ready for primetime.

I've been saying for years that this might the first time in decades that the old guard is going out and the next megastar isn't there yet. When Magic and Bird were aging MJ was already there. When MJ was on his way out Kobe was already there, soon joined by Lebron. But now that Lebron is on his way out who is supposed to be the new NBA Megastar? Giannis, Luka, Jokic, Tatum, Ja, Zion...none of these guys are transcendent or in that category. Might be that we were spoiled.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I assume you mean the Jokics of the world...

Well, he's on record as saying that today's All-Star Game is not meant for his style of play.

If a league wants an ALL-STAR game/weekend to succeed, then it probably needs its ALL-STARS to take part in the festivities or set up the rules/format of the game that allows its superstars to accurately showcase the game of basketball.

Instead, you get a game that basically amounts to Adam Silver telling Damian Lillard and Steph Curry to play a 2-hour game of HORSE.

Gotta enforce that in players contracts that they have to do it, and if they half ass and pout through those competitions it’s their own risk because everyone sees it

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Time flies. Just 3 years ago we had one of the GOAT all star games in the last 15-20 years with the introduction of the target score.

LeBron, Kawhi, AD, Harden, CP3 vs Giannis, Embiid, Siakam*, Lowry*, Kemba*

* = that was with KD, Steph injured (and Jokic/Luka on the bench for team LeBron)

Everyone was so hyped about having KD/Steph joining the fray the following year.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Players and media have forgotten that selling the game matters.
This. They don’t feel it’s their duty to push the game forward. And as great as Luka/Ja/Zion/Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are..I don’t think anyone has grabbed the general public’s attention in the way that Bron/Kobe/Mike/Magic/Bird did…

Daps
2 reasons I think fukked it up this year

1. Not exactly knowing who was gonna play or not. I didn't know till day of some of the guys not playing

2. That little draft in the beginning was dumb as hell. Bush that idea and go back the TNT broadcast. It sounded good in theory but played out wack

• Love
Reactions: jeh

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
One day you're going to post something that suggests you like basketball or at least know something about it, and aren't just here to stalk me. :dead:

One day you’re gonna post something that suggests you’re anything other than a fraudulent, dap fishing, DNC agent/LeGBT soldier, and aren’t here just to be an essay typing cock sucker

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
This. They don’t feel it’s their duty to push the game forward. And as great as Luka/Ja/Zion/Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are..I don’t think anyone has grabbed the general public’s attention in the way that Bron/Kobe/Mike/Magic/Bird did…

Only Steph has grabbed the public’s attention on a street level but unfortunately the LeGBT media and online fags have been downplaying him his entire run because of FMVPs and the presence of KD.