Record low all star game ratings… by a WIDE MARGIN

Daps
They really are trying to mine gold from shyt, ain't they? The funny thing about this stat is if you put enough conditions in the statement you can make anything sound positive. I imagine that would be the case considering there were literally zero other sports on at the time.
They do this all the time on ESPN:

Dak Prescott has the highest QB rating for QBs born in Louisiana that played college ball in Mississippi with a shoe size of 11 or higher born after 1992 that was drafted before the 5th round.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Thats not even mining for gold lol. The target demo is under 40. The game was the most watched show for anyone under 50 on cable.

Not against other sports, but all cable TV programming. It seems you are mining for something to hate on with the ratings.
It was down 30% from last year.

I don't have to hate on the ratings with that drop in viewership. The numbers do it for me. He should've just left it alone instead of trying to silver linings it because they'll, and some of y'all, will use that twisted silver linings to pretend it wasn't that bad, but that game was fukking bad. The whole event was bad.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It was down 30% from last year.
Sure, but it was still the most watched program for anyone under 50.

It's like saying, "the super bowl ratings are down this year" when it is by far the most-watched program this year.

It could definitely do better, but you saying "they are mining for something good" is completely incorrect. If more people watched The Last of Us or Real Housewives of the Potomac over the All-Star game, then that would be a massive concern.

The numbers do it for me.
You say this while ignoring numbers you also chose to ignore and called, "mining for something good."

will use that twisted silver linings to pretend it wasn't that bad,
I think they are fine if more people in their target audience is watching that than any other cable program. Sometimes there are good in bad numbers.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Sure, but it was still the most watched program for anyone under 50.

It's like saying, "the super bowl ratings are down this year" when it is by far the most-watched program this year.

It could definitely do better, but you saying "they are mining for something good" is completely incorrect. If more people watched The Last of Us or Real Housewives of the Potomac over the All-Star game, then that would be a massive concern.

You say this while ignoring numbers you also chose to ignore and called, "mining for something good."

I think they are fine if more people in their target audience is watching that than any other cable program. Sometimes there are good in bad numbers.
Nothing good came from allstar weekend and your spin is not good either