Recommend me a good Scotch or Whiskey ( Hard Liquor thread.)

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Larceny-BP-C922-70-03-819x1024.jpg

Larceny Barrel Proof C922. Cracked my bottle open to see what the hype was about. This is another really good one that lived up to its billing. Not as easy to find as Elijah Craig Barrel Proof but if you can find it for its listed $60 retail price, definitely worth trying.
Im mad I stumbled on this thread late. My birthday in a week in a half. And for some odd reason I started getting into whiskey. My goofy ass even bought a Whisky smoker from amazon :laff:. My girl look at me and said you bougie ass nikka lmaooooo

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Regular_P

Went to my local liquor store and they finally had this available. Not $189 like in the DC store I went to but still pretty pricey at $109. Bought it anyways just to give it a try.

IMG-20230305-155608.jpg
I feel like you'll probably be disappointed just because that price is still nuts. Everyone should try it at some point though because it is really solid.

s@n

All Star
Daps
I feel like you'll probably be disappointed just because that price is still nuts. Everyone should try it at some point though because it is really solid.
$100-200 for Blanton’s!?!? Yikes. This whole game is crazy. I’ve never paid more than $40 bucks for that bot. It’s not worth more than that, under any circumstances.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
People wait outside for 2-3 hours and pay $70.

This is the cheapest I could find in my area and even at an expensive price they are sold out most of the time. Just want to try it and have a bottle at home.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery's suggested retail price of Pappy 23-year-old is $299.99. Because of its extreme scarcity, it can go for a lot more on the resale market.

In December, a single bottle of Pappy 23-year-old sold at Sotheby’s for a record $52,500. Two other bottles auctioned for $47,500 apiece. All three were originally released in 2008.

Despite Pappy 23-year-old’s red-hot popularity, Minnick is not a big fan.

“Right or wrong, the Pappy Van Winkle 23-year-old is absolutely the most sought-after modern whiskey, year in, year out,” Minnick said. “I personally think that the 23-year is hit-and-miss. It’s typically over-oaked for me.”

---------

Imagine spending thousands on a bottle, you open it and your taste buds tell you it takes like dilapidated wood:russ:

Bourbon boon is making a tomfoolery on all of us.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of the bourbon boom fukking us over on prices, my go to used to be Two Stars for just having around to mix, or occasionally sip if I didn't want to hit any good bottles I might have on hand. But that shyt done crept up to basically $50 for the 1.75L bottle, and it's just not good enough to warrant that, seeing as it was just $35 not that long ago.

So, I've been dabbling with some of the hidden value lower shelf bourbons, and found that this stuff, even after switching distillers is actually pretty solid.

ci-early-times-bottled-in-bond-bourbon-43df80f6b90b4a11.jpeg

I figured there was a chance it was pretty good with it being bottled in bond, but was surprised by how well it's worked for me in cocktails. I make a pretty mean Revolver using this. :wow:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Got a bottle of this just recently and it's one of the better bourbons I've tasted. Rich but really smooth drink.

@Regular_P Might have to get on Warzone while sipping on this :lolbron:

FEW-Bourbon-1024x1019.jpg
Is that new? I've never seen or heard of it.

I don't know why I get anything other than Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. It's so much better than anything else to me.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Is that new? I've never seen or heard of it.

I don't know why I get anything other than Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. It's so much better than anything else to me.

Got it as a gift. Elijah's been my regular since you put me on it but this one is a smoother sip especially if you're drinking it neat.

I can get a 750ml Elijah for $28 and this one goes for $43.