Recommend me a good Scotch or Whiskey ( Hard Liquor thread.)

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Coulda used this thread the other day. Was looking for a going away gift for my homie. He loves whiskey so wanted to get him some good Japanese shyt. Ended up getting him that hibiki after doing some research. He said it’s bomb but packs a punch.

26-C7-A241-7-DA4-440-D-97-E2-9-AC8-EC7-C8-CD1.jpg

Daps
If you can deal with the higher proof, this stuff is amazing. It drinks WAY smoother than you would expect too.

Elijah-Craig-Barrel-Proof-A121.png

I agree 100%. I have the B522 version that has a caramel/butterscotch flavor & super smooth for 121 proof.

Bumping

Looking for something new to try and keep stored away

If you want something easy to find I recommend Uncle Nearest 1884 or Old Forester 1910.

If you want something top shelf but might be harder to find I recommend the Elijah Craig barrel proof above or Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Went to a DC liquor store in midtown near my office and they got one selling for $189 :bryan:

IMG-20220329-165558-01.jpg

Tried to haggle but old Indian dude was not having it:russ:
I guess the good thing about living in a state that controls the price, the bad side is you'll never get something like Blanton's unless you sit in line for 3 hours at 6am. It's always the same 10 mfs at the front of the line, like damn can't y'all take a week off and let someone else try cop a bottle.

Another bad thing is I know what they should sell for, you I'm never going to buy a bottle at a ridiculous price. Shyt is already expensive without the markup.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I have Batch A122
shyt is delicious
I'm a barrel proof/cask strength convert. That higher proof really makes a difference for the better.

I still need to try Larceny Barrel Proof but I can't find it anywhere in stores around here. Gonna have to buy it online.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Popped open the Laphroaig Cask Strength, @Copy Ninja :wow:

It's definitely better than the standard 10. :wow:

Don't own a bottle of Laphroaig anymore. And by better I assume you mean even more peaty :unimpressed:

I'm probably never going to get another bottle of Laphroaig. If I'm going peaty, I'd get something like Oban 14 or Talisker 10 which aren't as aggressive.

Picked up a bottle of 1792. One of the better bourbons I've tried recently

15448929501214.png

Last edited:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I guess the good thing about living in a state that controls the price, the bad side is you'll never get something like Blanton's unless you sit in line for 3 hours at 6am. It's always the same 10 mfs at the front of the line, like damn can't y'all take a week off and let someone else try cop a bottle.

Another bad thing is I know what they should sell for, you I'm never going to buy a bottle at a ridiculous price. Shyt is already expensive without the markup.

The local liqour store I go to here in MD said they get a bottle maybe once a month and it goes quickly. He said it's not worth the hype or price and is similar to Elijah Craig or Old Forrester. He said the same thing with Buffalo Trace, which is selling way over the MSRP beause of demand. I've had a bottle of Buffalo Trace and while it's good, it's not +$30 or more better than Elijah, Forrester, or Makers.