Recession of 2020? It’s actually a Great Depression

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
The Kemp-Roth cuts tipped the scales in favor of utilizing higher education as a wealth-building vehicle and made starting a business far more attractive (number of startups as a percent of all American firms has been almost halved now compared to what it was in the 1980s). It strains credulity to claim these structural changes were unrelated to the explosion of knowledge-economy firms that directly benefited from these policies. The Computer/Digital Revolution was brought about by a confluence of many factors, but the economic policies of the Reagan Administration were definitely a critical one.

Besides all that, it’s pretty radical to suggest that tax policies have nothing to do with economic output, and this is coming from an MMTer.

Higher education was and still is a vehicle for keeping the rich rich.

Computer technology advancement has always been government funded.

An increase in startups was the result of the expansion of the private sector, which is the modern vehicle for slavery. All private property is theft.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Higher education was and still is a vehicle for keeping the rich rich.

Computer technology advancement has always been government funded.

An increase in startups was the result of the expansion of the private sector, which is the modern vehicle for slavery. All private property is theft.
SlSaOxh.png

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Here's what I wonder. As analytics increase are we less likely to see the devasting recessions we've seen in the past?

No. Every devastating recession in the last 100 years was caused by people speculating off things they didn’t understand fully or due to everyone rushing into a new area that’s printing money until it’s valued far beyond what it’s truly worth then someone calls bullshyt which triggers an avalanche of selling. 2008. Mortgages. 2000. Dotcoms. 1998. Asian and Russian markets. 1987. Portfolio Insurance. 1929. Investment trusts and irresponsible practices regarding call money. 1907. Trust companies. There will be something else :yeshrug:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Stacking season in full effect. Thank goodness I cleared off my debts earlier this year. Not gonna make too many wholesale lifestyle changes until at least next summer. Gonna keep my expenses as low as possible. I'm a relatively simple person and outside of travel, I don't have too many big expenses. I do not plan to get caught with my pants down when things hit the fan. No one knows how deep the next downturn will be.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theres a recession every 5-7 years in capitalism so regardless of anything it will happen and its only worse when its due to trickle down. this is your great system that "works"
:mjlol: