Recession of 2020? It’s actually a Great Depression

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
Literally every time that orange idiot opens his mouth, even for dumb banal shyt that has nothing to do with the economy, the market drops. Then when he stops talking, immediate rally. It's uncanny. Yet it still finishes in the red every day.

I've legit never seen anything like it.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Gonna be a cash buyers market for the next few years for sure. And I always advocate to have 3 months budgeted in cash if not on hand, than in an insured savings account that is easily accessible with a verified credit union.

Would you say cash literally in hand like a safe or like a savings account?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i only keep lots of cash on hand during hurricane season when the odds of something happening that prevents me from accessing an ATM is higher. if some economic event occurs that makes my cash in an FDIC insured bank disappear then i'm sure we have bigger things to worry about because that money might not even be worth anything if i had it on me.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Yield Curve Inversion hits 3 month mark. Key indicator that recession is 9 to 18 months away.

NPR Choice page

Rates keep dropping because our president is a fukking moron.

Or there's a hundred other headwinds, but he's a big one.

May allah have mercy on @Slystallion's "clients." Im assuming his company steers them into a fund or that's how i hope it works. I cant imagine taking a stock tip from this guy.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
4t354wpmilv21.gif

It obviously inverts several times during a huge bull run in the 90s by the way

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Here's what I wonder. As analytics increase are we less likely to see the devasting recessions we've seen in the past?

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
I've made my position known multiple times. I'm not an anarcho-capitalist or even a libertarian. Not only do I believe in responsible regulations, I think they're necessary to avoid letting the stallion of capitalism buck society off. Dodd-Frank did not go far enough in rectifying the mistakes that caused the recession of '08, namely because the fukking author is in bed with Wall Street

My arguments re: Reaganomics have always been about its historical impact, not whether or not it should be applied again in 2016, which doesn't make sense to me because we're in a completely different context than we were in 1980. Taxation rates aren't in the 70s, so why would dramatically reducing them produce the same result? For that reason, I think the Bush Tax Cuts were a mistake. It's called the Laffer Curve for a reason. As I've said before, the fundamentals of Reaganomics are sound in that they did produce a massive economic boom, its failure is not distributing those gains to ensure equality of opportunity amongst the populace. I believe the election of a Democrat after 12 years of Republican rule represented an opportunity to rectify that failure, but instead we got the introduction of Clintonian Third-Way neoliberalism and the slashing of welfare and the social safety net. I'm not a liberal or a conservative. I'm more interested in history and ideology than the tribalism of modern politics. I think it causes people to look at the world through faulty, totalizing lenses.

Reagan's policies had nothing to do with the evolution of computing technology which ACTUALLY caused the "economic boom"

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Reagan's policies had nothing to do with the evolution of computing technology which ACTUALLY caused the "economic boom"

The Kemp-Roth cuts tipped the scales in favor of utilizing higher education as a wealth-building vehicle and made starting a business far more attractive (number of startups as a percent of all American firms has been almost halved now compared to what it was in the 1980s). It strains credulity to claim these structural changes were unrelated to the explosion of knowledge-economy firms that directly benefited from these policies. The Computer/Digital Revolution was brought about by a confluence of many factors, but the economic policies of the Reagan Administration were definitely a critical one.

Besides all that, it’s pretty radical to suggest that tax policies have nothing to do with economic output, and this is coming from an MMTer.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
This recession has got to happen sooner or not so later. I’m ready for it. I’ve had my 401k in high risk investments since the last recession and my balance has been lovely. Just moved to the safest allocation I can find because this market isn’t sustainable. I’ll probably miss out of some further gains but greed gets you got. When the market does tank, you better believe I’m dumping my money right back in the high risk pool and repeating.