Recession of 2020? It’s actually a Great Depression

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
so what is this ideal tax rate for all classes (if you even believe in progressive tax rates) that will trigger this great "real" growth that is not artificial and leads to a recession?
Ideal is 0%.

That won't happen. Between me and my wife we make $165k a year. That's "middle class". If fiscal year 2018 irealizes us even $5 less in federal income taxes than now I'm willing to say that's a "cut".

That's how easy I'll make it on you naysayers.

Last edited:

Meta Reign

Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Tax cuts or not there's still systemic risk

Growth is being financed with debt, which has now reached epic proportions. A lot of money has been printed since 2007, but debt has expanded much faster. The debt bubble can be seen at the personal, corporate and sovereign levels.
This I can agree with. And if it's the one thing I can see happening is all that debt being called in almost out of pure political hatred for Trump.

But this is also one of the reasons I think protectionist economic policy can help us at this time. If done properly it can lessen the effects of such a call in. . . Still it would mean a recession so I would be wrong either way.

We'll see. Like I said.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Ideal is 0%.

That won't happen. Between me and my wife we make $165k a year. That's "middle class". If fiscal year 2018 irealizes us even $5 less in federal income taxes than now I'm willing to say that's a win.

That's how easy I'll make it on you naysayers.
$5 less in income taxes is a win for your argument and that's making it easy on us naysayers? you can't be serious because that makes it almost impossible to be proven wrong. shyt if middle class families like yours paid $5 less in income taxes for the year and we're in a recession i wouldn't even use that as argument against giving tax cuts to middle class families. $5 isn't going to cause a recession and it damn sure won't prevent one.

Meta Reign

Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
$5 less in income taxes is a win for your argument and that's making it easy on us naysayers? you can't be serious because that makes it almost impossible to be proven wrong. shyt if middle class families like yours paid $5 less in income taxes for the year and we're in a recession i wouldn't even use that as argument against giving tax cuts to middle class families. $5 isn't going to cause a recession and it damn sure won't prevent one.
My bad I don't mean to say a win. I meant it will count as a "cut". Therefore we can use it to determine whether the economy has improved or not.

That would be a total L for me lol.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
My bad I don't mean to say a win. I meant it will count as a "cut". Therefore we can use it to determine whether the economy has improved or not.

That would be a total L for me lol.
i understood it to mean that. a $5 cut does not help or hurt your argument. so i don't see what that would determine.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope.

If Trump is successful in cutting taxes on small business and even with the fed raising rates it will only be more purchasing power for people. We're being set up for an economy that could resemble the mid 90's. That's not so bad.

Commodities will likely take a dive in the next few months. That's nothing to be mad at.

Honestly, and I hate to say it (because it's Trump). If we really do get less federal regulations on small business from Trump it will be great. If we get lower taxes it will be great. If we get higher interest rates it will be great. Kicking illegals out will also be good for the economy.

That said. . . I'm not sure if we will get those things for various reasons.
i mean i hope that this shyt happens. this is our country. and like it or not, that dikkhead is our president :heh:

so if it happens under him, so be it :yeshrug: he gets props from me

im not under any illusion that he ran for president for ANYTHING besides enriching himself and his friends, but they just might hit the country with a jump start. obama definitely saved us from the bush recession (:scusthov:), but its kinda stagnant

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Supposedly the Bond Yield Curve inverted. And when that happens, normally, a recession isn't far behind. Can the financial brehs verify this? Simply.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Only once it didn't follow a recession. Otherwise a recession has followed in 12-24 months.

We all know a pullback was coming sooner or later.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Peter Schiff is a Libertarian who hates government. But his take is what most:

What the Federal Reserve doesn’t understand about the market is that the market is going to continue to keep falling until they cut rates again and do another round of quantitative easing. The market is acting like a drug addict in withdrawal thanks to the drugs (easy, cheap money) the Fed gave everyone during the Obama presidency, but have had it taken away during the Trump presidency (Fed rate hikes – quantitative tightening). Now the drug addict (stock market) wants its drugs back.

The Fed has basically told the market that they will continue to raise rates until a recession takes place. The Federal Reserve made a deal with the Devil in 2008 when it slashed interest rates to zero and implemented quantitative easing to delay the day of reckoning because they didn’t want to deal with the underlying structural problems at the time as that would have been too painful. So they inflated a bigger bubble and now the Devil has come to collect. That worked out well for Obama and Wall Street, but not for Main Street and certainly not now for Trump.

What people don’t understand is how much worse the economy is going to become once the Fed comes to the rescue. Gold is going to go through the roof.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Dude is spitting facts. I don't know about the exact timing of some of this stuff but his assumptions aren't far off. I'm focusing on keeping a lot of cash on hand for when things get ugly. Also looking to acquire more technical skills. IT and certs are big right now and will remain big for a while. Hopefully if I land this new job I'll have a little more pedigree within the job market as well as exposure to acquire more skills.

I'm about ~6 weeks from being debt free so that's good as well. Just gonna stack and lay lowkey. No big financial purchases for a while (outside of visiting my family).