Recession of 2020? It’s actually a Great Depression

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Nobody knows what policies are even passing thru Congress relax...we may have to have a small adjustment period to adjust to the increased rates only for massive growth after that period like 1980-1985
Rates are not in Trump's toolbox. Rates dropped from 19% to 6% during Reagan's administration... even if rates go up to 1% Trump can't rely on that.

I think I will try and put a $ amount on how much Reagan and Bush benefitted from rate cuts. You take those and the population growth during Reagan's administration... dude was nowhere near the stimulus god you conservatives make him out to be.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
All I know is that Trump's wants to decrease the population of his "undesirables"

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
I don't think there will be a recession. I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong though. It's honestly hard to tell right now.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I don't think there will be a recession. I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong though. It's honestly hard to tell right now.

We've had 7 years of economic growth.

And we've had some type of crisis every decade.

We're at the end of a cyclical recovery

The stock market rise since 11/9 has been just based on rhetoric. The fiscal stimulus ain't happening.

Meta Reign

Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
famous last words
Nope.

If Trump is successful in cutting taxes on small business and even with the fed raising rates it will only be more purchasing power for people. We're being set up for an economy that could resemble the mid 90's. That's not so bad.

Commodities will likely take a dive in the next few months. That's nothing to be mad at.

Honestly, and I hate to say it (because it's Trump). If we really do get less federal regulations on small business from Trump it will be great. If we get lower taxes it will be great. If we get higher interest rates it will be great. Kicking illegals out will also be good for the economy.

That said. . . I'm not sure if we will get those things for various reasons.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
6R1gOZL.gif

Meta Reign

Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
We've had 7 years of economic growth.

And we've had some type of crisis every decade.

We're at the end of a cyclical recovery

The stock market rise since 11/9 has been just based on rhetoric. The fiscal stimulus ain't happening.
There has been no growth. All based on BS numbers. The GDP is trash. The CPI is trash. Unemployment numbers are trash. The numbers literally don't jive with reality.

Let's look at what makes sense.

Cut taxes on people, they'll have more money.

Fed raises rates, people will start getting a return on their savings and there will be less inflation (inflation is a monetary phenomenon).

Deregulate small business. Folks have easier entry to markets.

All of thos sounds like recycled free market BS. . . It's not. It works. And has worked through all of history.

The jury is still out on whether these things will happen.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
the portion in bold is key and important for any free market BS language. if it doesn't happen, it's because we weren't pure enough.

free market orthodoxy doesn't fail, people fail free market orthodoxy.

Meta Reign

Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
the portion in bold is key and important for any free market BS language. if it doesn't happen, it's because we weren't pure enough.

free market orthodoxy doesn't fail, people fail free market orthodoxy.
Not at all.

I'm willing to put very tangible stipulations on my words.

If tax plan is passed that overall lowers the taxes on the middle class and poor. That will count.

If the Fed raises rates even twice this year. That will count as well.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Not at all.

I'm willing to put very tangible stipulations on my words.

If tax plan is passed that overall lowers the taxes on the middle class and poor. That will count.

If the Fed raises rates even twice this year. That will count as well.
so what is this ideal tax rate for all classes (if you even believe in progressive tax rates) that will trigger this great "real" growth that is not artificial and leads to a recession?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
There has been no growth. All based on BS numbers. The GDP is trash. The CPI is trash. Unemployment numbers are trash. The numbers literally don't jive with reality.

Let's look at what makes sense.

Cut taxes on people, they'll have more money.

Fed raises rates, people will start getting a return on their savings and there will be less inflation (inflation is a monetary phenomenon).

Deregulate small business. Folks have easier entry to markets.

All of thos sounds like recycled free market BS. . . It's not. It works. And has worked through all of history.

The jury is still out on whether these things will happen.

Tax cuts or not there's still systemic risk

Growth is being financed with debt, which has now reached epic proportions. A lot of money has been printed since 2007, but debt has expanded much faster. The debt bubble can be seen at the personal, corporate and sovereign levels.