Rebel Ridge | Discussion Thread | Netflix (9/6)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Thought this was a pretty good self-contained flick. Not earth-shattering but kinda like a remix of Walking Tall and others of it's ilk (i.e. ex-military guy happens on a small town, crosses with corrupt officials, proceeds to beat everyone's ass, etc.,) but with a bit more thought and nuance.

Never heard of the main actor (Aaron Pierre) but he's pretty good. Hopefully this does well and they give this guy more roles in the action genre to actually cut loose. He needs to be in an Extraction type joint. Apparently he's voicing Mufasa in the Lion King prequel, so he'll probably be more well known soon enough.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel you but once his cousin died I felt like at least one of the cops(out of the 2 who started this not the chief) should've died most likely Mike but they decided to go another way. It was a good movie tho
Yea, that one bearded fukk should have caught a hot one. Wish he would have had a self inflicted death like the cop in the helicopter in First Blood.
He got grounded and pounded though.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Thought this was a pretty good self-contained flick. Not earth-shattering but kinda like a remix of Walking Tall and others of it's ilk (i.e. ex-military guy happens on a small town, crosses with corrupt officials, proceeds to beat everyone's ass, etc.,) but with a bit more thought and nuance.

Never heard of the main actor (Aaron Pierre) but he's pretty good. Hopefully this does well and they give this guy more roles in the action genre to actually cut loose. He needs to be in an Extraction type joint. Apparently he's voicing Mufasa in the Lion King prequel, so he'll probably be more well known soon enough.
Saw the trailer today again of the movie since it's apparently the #1 so far on streaming. He has the right kind of energy to play blade if marvel tries to start from scratch on that project.

Bro just seems cool and it's surprising that he hasn't been the lead in more things.