Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:beli: I liked John Carter

That’s the thing…. I liked John Carter too….. :mjlol:

Still this movie is giving those vibes.

Gonna add Cowboys & Aliens and that movie that was kind of a Matrix clone around the time the OG Matrix dropped. Man I can’t think of the name of it

Dark City or some shyt:lolbron:

That’s just the vibes I’m getting:hubie:

Guess I can add Matrix 4 vibes too:hubie:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait cant call them that,Lucasfilm might sue :lolbron:

Might have some cliche name like "Photon Blades" or something..:shaq:
Or just call them laser swords it's funny thou Star Wars is the most mainstream use of that weapon type but there were other stories that use that weapon type as well in some form or fashion before Star Wars Laser Blade - TV Tropes
Foundation Series:

"The Traders": Gorov's mission on Askone is to be a black market salesman, selling Foundation-designed nucleics, such as knives with edges made from Deflector Shields. This is one of the oldest examples of the trope, as it first appeared in 1944.
"...To put it simply, if I could sell a penknife with a force-field blade to a nobleman, it would be to his interest to force laws that would allow him to use it. Put that baldly, it sounds silly, but it is sound, psychologically. To make strategic sales, at strategic points, would be to create a pro-nucleics faction at court."
Prelude to Foundation: One of the two lackeys that tried to attack Seldon in the open-air park had a knife with a laser blade. Hummin and Seldon find this distasteful, since knives are still effective without the laser blade.

Fritz Leiber's Gather Darkness (published in 1943), where the "rods of wrath" cause a lot of mayhem on bystanders when used in a duel:
"Like two ancient swordsmen, then, the warlock and the deacon dueled together. Their weapons were two endless blades of violet incandescence, but their tactics were those of sabreurs — feint, cut, parry, swift riposte."
Edmond Hamilton's Kaldar, Planet of Antares (1933) has the following description:"The sword seemed at first glance a simple long rapier of metal. But he found that when his grip tightened on the hilt it pressed a catch which released a terrific force stored in the hilt into the blade, making it shine with light. When anything was touched by this shining blade, he found, the force of the blade annihilated it instantly. He learned that the weapon was called a lightsword".
The Complete Adventures of Lucky Starr:

David Starr, Space Ranger: The technology for force fields is sufficiently developed that knives and climbing equipment can have these traits incorporated in their design. They're considered highly dangerous, due to being able to generate invisible blades that cut through bone, metal, and even stone easily. Contender for Trope Maker, due to being published in 1952.
Lucky Starr and the Oceans of Venus: Bigman carries a knife whose blade is made from force fields, and disguised as a pocket watch. The six-inch blade is described to use a micropile for power, and the ability to cut through any material surface. In Wolfling (1969) by Gordon R. dikkson the preferred weapon of High-Born (haughty, but highly advanced Human Aliens ruling an interstellar empire) are hand-sized "rods" that project an energy beam, length of which can be varied during fight. According to George Lucas an illustration of these "rods" back when Wolfling was serialized on Analog were a major inspiration for the lightsaber in Star Wars.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fed it “Star Wars, Dune, Chronicles of Riddikk, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and Warhammer”

“Space sci-fi, hot girl with beam sword, Star Wars, Dune, Chronicles of Riddikk, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and Warhammer, Hans zimmer”

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I expect great visuals, poor plot and pacing, essentially a typical Synder film
That’s what I was thinking while watching the trailer too.

I was like, this looks good but for some reason I doubt there’s much of a solid story to keep me engaged.

It already sounds very typical with the invasion and hero format description in the beginning.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fed it “Star Wars, Dune, Chronicles of Riddikk, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and Warhammer”

From ChatGPT
Title: Galactic Chronicles: Rise of the Celestial Realms

Genre: Science Fiction/Fantasy

Logline: In a distant galaxy where mystical powers, futuristic technology, and ancient civilizations collide, a disparate group of heroes must unite to prevent a malevolent cosmic entity from unraveling the fabric of reality itself. A saga that weaves the epic elements of Star Wars, Dune, Chronicles of Riddikk, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, and Warhammer into an unforgettable cinematic journey.

Synopsis: In the galaxy of Celestia, a realm where galaxies are interconnected through cosmic rifts and ruled by god-like beings known as the Celestials, a brewing darkness threatens to engulf all existence. The ancient Celestial Warhammer, a relic of immense power, is sought by the enigmatic and power-hungry sorcerer Lord Malachar. With its potential to bend reality, the Warhammer could provide him with unparalleled dominion.

Amidst the turmoil, we follow a group of protagonists:

1. Aldara Marix: A skilled starship pilot and rogue, Aldara carries a mysterious pendant that holds a shard of the Warhammer's power. Hunted by Malachar, she seeks answers about her lineage and the pendant's significance.
  2. Kaelor Zephyrblade: An exiled prince with a lineage tracing back to the Celestials, Kaelor possesses the rare ability to manipulate cosmic energy. As a Gladiator, he fights in brutal arenas to survive. When he learns about the Warhammer, he joins Aldara to prevent its misuse.
  3. Lyria of Thaloria: A wise and ancient elf, Lyria is a guardian of celestial knowledge. She joins the quest to protect the realms from the impending doom, bringing her magical prowess and connection to the cosmic rifts.
  4. Seraphina Drakon: A fierce warrior from a medieval-esque world, Seraphina possesses a sentient blade forged from a fallen star. Drawn into the cosmic conflict, she seeks to avenge her world's destruction by confronting the darkness at its source.
  5. Darian Blackthorn: A cunning rogue with a shadowy past, Darian's knowledge of celestial lore makes him a valuable asset. He navigates the intricate politics of the various realms, aiming to forge alliances against Malachar.
As the group assembles, their destinies intertwine across realms reminiscent of the landscapes found in Dune, Middle-earth, and the universe of Warhammer. Their journey takes them from the desert planet of Sirocus, ruled by ruthless houses reminiscent of Game of Thrones, to the eldritch forests of Eldrathis, echoing the enchanted woods of fantasy tales.

With each step, they uncover the Celestial Warhammer's true nature: a key to opening the Rift of Eternity, a portal that can reshape existence. The climactic battle unfolds on the desolate world of Chronos Prime, a realm shrouded in cosmic storms.

In a final confrontation reminiscent of both Star Wars and Chronicles of Riddikk, Aldara, Kaelor, Lyria, Seraphina, and Darian face off against Lord Malachar. The fate of all realities hangs in the balance as they channel the combined forces of cosmic energy, sorcery, and valor in a visually stunning showdown.

In the end, their unity and sacrifice lead to the sealing of the Rift of Eternity, thwarting Malachar's malevolent plans. As the heroes return to their respective realms, the Celestials acknowledge their valor and sacrifice, cementing their place in galactic history.

"Galactic Chronicles: Rise of the Celestial Realms" is a sprawling epic that seamlessly blends the grandeur of multiple iconic franchises into an original narrative filled with awe-inspiring visuals, intricate lore, and unforgettable characters.

:skip: