Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
It wasn’t horrific and I have high tolerance for sci-fi but as with most Snyder movies feels like a lot of dialogue and background is missing. Just straight to BOOM POW POW ooooh massive background special effects. Like if it’s standalone then its like 3/10 but since we’re getting a part 2 it’s hovering a little bit higher.

Also guessing we getting that Snyder Cut down the road. 24hrs length, strap in brehs.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
A girl who is connected to an evil Empire living on a Farm Planet

:martin:

She goes to a space bar and meets a scavenger and hustler to help her get off world

There are laser gun fights and laser swords. All the Aliens looked like he used leftovers from "Return of the Jedi",

The Bad Guys look like Nazis ripped from Indiana Jones

The "Crew" she gathered was rushed and no character development at all. The Climax was also weak as hell

When Lucasfilm said no, Zack should have reworked the entire project, instead it's just a Star Wars knock off that should have debut on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Look I like Zack and I'm glad he's still bringing it on the action front since Michael Bay has fell back. The only positive I will say is the action was cool but all it all it was a bad Star Wars film (Well Disney did several Bad Star Wars Films so I guess that's not too bad). Had Lucasfilm said yes? Then maybe this could have been a cool Star Wars Chapter. But as an "Original" Sci-Fi, it's too much of a copy of "A New Hope". Also way too much "Planet Hopping". It was just a lazy script. "The Creator" was a much better "Original" Sci-Fi film. I'll watch the sequel, hopefully the climax is much better than that weak fight they had at the end.

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The trailer made you believe there was so much more to the movie, when there really wasn't. What you saw in the trailer was pretty much the whole movie. I'm surprised no one looked at the storyboard and was like, "That's it? That's all you have to show for 2 hrs?".

morris

Superstar
Daps
This was a good movie. Very fun.

Nothing new though. The only difference was the protagonist, and even that is not too new. The trope of the rich/privileged child, now an adult fighting against the corruption of the privileged is nothing new. This has tropes that borrow from Star Wars, Dune, Seven Samurai and a few others.

This was actually A LOT better that I imagined listening to the early reviews. Hoping Part 2 holds up and does add a bit more backstory on the genius general

taker597

Superstar
Daps
A girl who is connected to an evil Empire living on a Farm Planet

She goes to a space bar and meets a scavenger and hustler to help her get off world

There are laser gun fights and laser swords. All the Aliens looked like he used leftovers from "Return of the Jedi",

The Bad Guys look like Nazis ripped from Indiana Jones

The "Crew" she gathered was rushed and no character development at all. The Climax was also weak as hell

When Lucasfilm said no, Zack should have reworked the entire project, instead it's just a Star Wars knock off that should have debut on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Look I like Zack and I'm glad he's still bringing it on the action front since Michael Bay has fell back. The only positive I will say is the action was cool but all it all it was a bad Star Wars film (Well Disney did several Bad Star Wars Films so I guess that's not too bad). Had Lucasfilm said yes? Then maybe this could have been a cool Star Wars Chapter. But as an "Original" Sci-Fi, it's too much of a copy of "A New Hope". Also way too much "Planet Hopping". It was just a lazy script. "The Creator" was a much better "Original" Sci-Fi film. I'll watch the sequel, hopefully the climax is much better than that weak fight they had at the end.
Really wild that Zack had all this time to work on this story before and after getting rejected to be so fukking unoriginal and awful. Dude needs to regulated to directing TV series episodes

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
The corny ass wannabe Hitler villain with the club stick is what killed it for me dawg.

The slow motion animation at the most absurd scenes at these nıggas dodging bullets at close range. That shıt was hilarious dawg....😭

As corny as that character was, he was the only character that was compelling. Everything other character was uninteresting.

They should have donated the $166M budget to feed the homeless.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
just about finished with this snoozefest, and i'll say that it's really made me appreciate "movie stars," b/c they managed to slap 15 people who can't headline a movie together and they still didn't equal 1 charismatic lead "movie star" type. felt like i was watching the second unit of an NBA team

taker597

Superstar
Daps
just about finished with this snoozefest, and i'll say that it's really made me appreciate "movie stars," b/c they managed to slap 15 people who can't headline a movie together and they still didn't equal 1 charismatic lead "movie star" type. felt like i was watching the second unit of an NBA team
When people says that it felt like a TV series, this is why I agree.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
When people says that it felt like a TV series, this is why I agree.
woulda been a better idea to make this a tv show. they didn't develop anyone. not a single cool character in the bunch.

... BUT, don't worry, b/c they're releasing a fukkin Snyder Cut and i'm sure they'll develop these bums more in that. it's on Netflix, just make the damn movie you wanna make. did you care about anyone in this movie? when Ray Fischer had his big stand, it was hilarious b/c who the hell was that guy? when
Charlie Hunnum flipped on them
who cares? i didn't even know his name. they had to have the nazi guy give the audience a rundown of every character's name and skillset late in the movie

and if the Snyder cut doesn't develop them, don't worry we're getting prequel shows, 4 more movies, a video game, a cartoon and a graphic novel. cart - horse