Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
damn how could i forget about EPMD :snoop: u making it hard for me now. DPG i'd put them right outside the top 5. Tribe would be top 3 in my favorite GROUPS ever, De La is up there also but i consider both of them a group more than a duo. like RUN DMC u could call them a duo rapping wise but i put them with groups cuz JMJ is a critical part . i'll admit i have not heard enough of Black Moon to make a call on them. what should i check out by them?
Are you familiar with who got Da props, how many emcees and I got cha opin? If you liked all that, then check out Enta Da Stage. Check out Smif N Wessun too. Dah Shinin. If you didn't feel those songs, I wouldn't even bother. When you look at just two person GROUPS where both rap, it really narrows the field. Black Moon wouldn't even count because of Evil Dee
I'm not up on Ball and G as much as I should be, I've heard enough to know both of them are talented and I like the mid 90s Suave House sound, which of their albums should I start with?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Outkast has made timeless, classic, perfect music and they are my top duo of all time. Mobb lost some space because of their G-Unit release....

1.Outkast
2.Eightball & MJG
3.Mobb Deep
4.Clipse
5.UGK
I like the Clipse a lot. Couldn't put them over EPMD though. How do we deal with a group like CNN that dropped a crazy album and then after was meh? Dogg Pound fits in that category too.

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
Are you familiar with who got Da props, how many emcees and I got cha opin? If you liked all that, then check out Enta Da Stage. Check out Smif N Wessun too. Dah Shinin. If you didn't feel those songs, I wouldn't even bother. When you look at just two person GROUPS where both rap, it really narrows the field. Black Moon wouldn't even count because of Evil Dee
I'm not up on Ball and G as much as I should be, I've heard enough to know both of them are talented and I like the mid 90s Suave House sound, which of their albums should I start with?

ima check em out, and yeah i just went with duo's who both rap. cause if we talking about groups period my whole lists change but UGK, Kast and Ball n G would still be up there.

as far as Ball n G albums go. my favorites were always Comin' Out Hard (debut album), On The Outside Looking In, and Space Age 4 Eva(what most people will tell u is their best album)

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I like the Clipse a lot. Couldn't put them over EPMD though. How do we deal with a group like CNN that dropped a crazy album and then after was meh? Dogg Pound fits in that category too.

That's the only reason why I didn't put CNN on here....Reunion was just awful in so many ways...one of the worst albums I've ever heard....Dogg Pound's albums are horrible too, except Dog Food, any they have released alot, so they can't go on the list for having one great album and 5 terrible ones

EPMD is a tough one...I will go back and listen to my EPMD albums...I definitely forgot about Smif N Wessun

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
ima check em out, and yeah i just went with duo's who both rap. cause if we talking about groups period my whole lists change but UGK, Kast and Ball n G would still be up there.

as far as Ball n G albums go. my favorites were always Comin' Out Hard (debut album), On The Outside Looking In, and Space Age 4 Eva(what most people will tell u is their best album)
If we're talking groups all three would probably fall off for me, Kast would have the only chance of staying on.

I'll try to find the Ball and G albums. Thx.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
That's the only reason why I didn't put CNN on here....War Report was just awful in so many ways...one of the worst albums I've ever heard....Dogg Pound's albums are horrible too, except Dog Food, any they have released alot, so they can't go on the list for having one great album and 5 terrible ones

EPMD is a tough one...I will go back and listen to my EPMD albums...I definitely forgot about Smif N Wessun
Wait, the first War Report? With TONY? Stick You? LA LA? Bloody Money? I love that album!
Dogg Pound has 6 albums? Dogg Food was amazing though.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Man the rest of that album is only useful for flinging across rivers and lakes
That album was a huge disappointment. But by then Nore was wack...
Artifacts is another great duo.
Heltah Skeltah
There's really not a lot of them out there...we must be missing people.
@Plexxx

MOP!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I posted my rebuttals LAST YEAR when the thread was made

That's the best you got.... fat rolls in my hand :smugfavre:

You didn't come up with "ill wait" btw

lol.

ive never seen you post chit of any worth in these threads. not even on the old site.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
lol.

ive never seen you post chit of any worth in these threads. not even on the old site.
The thread took a turn in your absence. We're trying to rank/identify the best two man groups where both rapped. Who you got in your top ten?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
because there's a stereotype that a southern rapper cant be good, and Outkast,UGK,Scarface,etc. been destroyed that stereotype.......so wtf people? :what:

scarface predated outkast by years. outkast didn't break any stereotypes. you fell for the hype. they were probably the 1st southerners to cater to so-called rap purists tho. I think that may be where the confusion comes in.

pimp c is a good rapper now? wowsers.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That's the only reason why I didn't put CNN on here....Reunion was just awful in so many ways...one of the worst albums I've ever heard....Dogg Pound's albums are horrible too, except Dog Food, any they have released alot, so they can't go on the list for having one great album and 5 terrible ones

yall crazy.

cnnreunion is a str8 banger. it falls apart in the midst of the 2nd half of the album. too much filler. but that album was heat. 4/5.

used to bang that cd heavy on the train back when it came out. I actually played it more than the war report.

people on here say that dogg pound did in fact drop a really good album after they reunited. I forgot which one. honestly, only album I heard from them was dogg food. I was a HUGE fan back then. by the time they reunited tho, I had already moved on and I was always kinda mad at them for not staying together in their primes because they could've been the goat duo. yea, I was pretty pissed.

Last edited: