Reasons why "Family Matters" actually sucked and didn't age well

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
It was ok, Kendrick just came out with 4 much better songs.
drake can only ever perform the 2nd part of family mid to avoid any lyric changes due to the embarrassing amount of lines that aged horribly, even then he has that line about baby keem writing for kendrick which was immediately followed by a bullies reference track by kendrick leaking.
Personally interpreted the Baby Keem line in "Family Matters" as "Your latest songs only really slap when you have Keem on the song with you" (i.e. "Family Ties", "The Hillbillies", "range brothers", "Savior"

But more importantly than all of that:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
2 more reasons:

Kendrick told the white boy we didn't want to hear him saying the n-word anymore, but the half-a-cac started his rap with a racial slur.

Also,

Didn’t Drake have some old lady telling him not to say the N word at the beginning too?

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I still think NLU was crushing the buildings regardless. Drake would've just had an even worse false sense of security and inflated ego that would've made the impact even more terrible.
It would be viewed as a better battle if it took 3 weeks.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Just one big run-on sentence. No commas, no periods, no structure.

Prime example: third verse which is actually my favorite verse. “Maybe I’m Prince and you actually Mike”. I’m not with the clowning Mike shenanigans but he made an illustration of how Kendrick is Mike but he failed to connect how he himself is comparable to Prince.

Small detail but a microcosm of how unstructured and unprepared the song is. Just one big incomplete thought.
What makes it even worse is on Pushups he said "what's a Prince to a king, he a son, nikka". So, clever flip on Pushups. Not so clever on family matters because:

A: Who cares if Kendrick does feature's for white people?? I never even heard the maroon 5 verse, and as far as I know. Taylor Swift fukked with Backseat Freestyle and wanted to work with Kendrick. Is he not suppose to try to expand his audience (it's still the music BUSINESS at the end of the day)??

B: Drake flipped it back on himself. If we're going by what Drake said about Prince on Pushups. Then he's basically saying "Oh shyt, maybe i'm the son".

Maybe i'm the one misinterpreting what he was trying to say, idk :manny: