Real talk I fully understand why most of the league was against CP3 joining Kobe

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who canceled the deal? Who pulled out?

David Stern eventually did after the fallout.

It was agreed and completed and 2 hours later, it was cancelled. General managers NEVER complete a deal without the ownership's approval so whoever was the GM of the Hornets at the time alerted Stern about it and he was cool with it and the deal was done. Then the backlash came, especially from that fakkit Dan Gilbert and the deal was annulled. Mitch Kupchak even said so in an interview/podcast.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
David Stern eventually did after the fallout.

It was agreed and completed and 2 hours later, it was cancelled. General managers NEVER complete a deal without the ownership's approval so whoever was the GM of the Hornets at the time alerted Stern about it and he was cool with it and the deal was done. Then the backlash came, especially from that fakkit Dan Gilbert and the deal was annulled. Mitch Kupchak even said so in an interview/podcast.

LOL. And there we have it. Rank speculation.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
LOL. And there we have it. Rank speculation.

It wasn’t about being scared as it was taking stars from small markets and throwing them in the big markets with other stars

Lakers' deal for Chris Paul is a no-go, the NBA rules

Small-market owners were quickly considered deal-killers who got into the ear of NBA Commissioner David Stern and reminded him of the importance of a level playing field in the new collective-bargaining agreement.

You can't kill a deal that's not done. Owners lost their minds of Kobe having a legitimate all star on his team and got on the horn with Stern to kill that sh*t. And Stern had already given the GM the authority to make moves, he stepped in and nixed it, and f*ck all this bullsh*t, everybody remembers his initial response was "basketball reasons" because he had no solid foundation for cancelling a deal after the GM had been given authority and both parties agreed to it. Now that time has passed nikkaz tryin' to switch up the store and sh*t :scust:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
lmao @ you believing that David Stern BS.

You guys are so gullible.

IT WAS AGREED UPON BY 3 TEAMS.

OWNERSHIP for all 3 teams AGREED TO THE DEAL.

Deal was reneged when teams started complaining. Cavs owner wrote a letter.
You have terrible comprehension.

What I'm saying is that the only reason the league was able to intervene was because they owned the Hornets.

I couldn't care less about why Stern made his decision or the circumstances that led to it, I'm talking strictly about HOW he was able to interfere. So all this talk about "Oh they blocked CP3 to LA but didn't block ____" is completely irrelevant and ignorant.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps

What I'm saying is that the only reason the league was able to intervene was because they owned the Hornets.

I couldn't care less about why Stern made his decision or the circumstances that led to it, I'm talking strictly about HOW he was able to interfere. So all this talk about "Oh they blocked CP3 to LA but didn't block ____" is completely irrelevant and ignorant.

Exactly. If not for the NBA's ownership of the team, Stern would not have been able to cancel anything. It was a very unusual circumstance.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't care.

David Stern hates Kobe and the Lakers.

It would have never happened to Bron. :camby:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I don't care.

Nah Stern was cool with it initially, Cuban and crew probably threatened to sell their teams for $.10 on the dollar if that deal didn't get killed :heh:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I don't care.

And what does that have to do with anything that's being discussed?

nikka so attached to his talking points that he's just making up hypotheticals after being proven wrong :russ:

I'm sorry asking strictly about the "how" but you keep babbling about the "why"

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

Finally someone stated the situation correctly :obama: Deal was done, Stern had the power to intervene because technically the company that he was the head of owned the Hornets.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
How can you kill something that doesn't exist :dwillhuh:

A deal is formulated through negotiation. Usually the deal is not finalized until a written document is executed. Sometimes, written agreements provide periods in which one or more parties can cancel (kill) the deal.

You're just flatly wrong.