Real talk, "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is prime for a re-make

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
NOT saying I EVER want to see it happen. :whoa::wow: That show is my childhood.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. Not like there's any integrity in Hollywood where a sure dollar can be made. And the name alone would carry it long enough to make some money.

Think about it.....

There's an entire group of young ppl 17(even 18) & younger who weren't even born when Fresh Prince was on-air. Which is the age group the original show was pretty much targeted for. FP was pretty much viewed as the "cool, young" sit-com. Anybody from the age of 8 on up could watch the show and be entertained. It was that universal.

Sure, the younger group of today can watch the re-runs....but they don't get all the jokes. The political one-liners, the pop culture references, the significance of the guest appearances, some of the fashion, etc. Enough time has passed now where all this stuff is completely opposite of back then and they could relay to relate to todays culture.

We've seen movies from the 80's/90's come back full force, they've already re-booted 'Boy Meets World' using Corey/Topanga as adult characters . So don't think it can't happen to Fresh Prince.:ufdup:

And don't think it won't happen. :to:
A vehicle for Will Smith being remade? Staring who Jaden?

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't think they won't do it :ufdup:

rs_1024x759-140402093641-1024.Girl-Meets-World-JR-4214.jpg
They got a gay son on this kids show? :why:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
It'll probably a gay lightskin dude or some feminist daughter who has a white boyfriend. call it progress or desecration, you know this kinda shyt could actually happen.

let the show age in peace.

fReShBeAtS

May da funk be wit cha
Daps
first of all which black comedian should play will? i dont know one actor who got the charisma, jokes, style and funkyness of will smith. The only ones i could imagine playin the role are a young marlon wayans or maybe a young chris tucker. the idea is good tho id love to see a comedy show in the fashion of fresh prince.

oh yea who agrees that two and a half man was a lil bit like fresh prince? it was a similar concept with charlie pickin up all the girls and allen actin all goofy like carlton. :win:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i think the ONLY show i would be interested in gettin remade or whatever is Tales From the Crypt
like a reboot or some shyt
matter fact that... the Twilight Zone or Erie Indiana
shows like Black Mirror, we need more of them shyts
i be loving them trippy ass shows with the fukked up twists and all that

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i think the ONLY show i would be interested in gettin remade or whatever is Tales From the Crypt
like a reboot or some shyt
matter fact that... the Twilight Zone or Erie Indiana
shows like Black Mirror, we need more of them shyts
i be loving them trippy ass shows with the fukked up twists and all that

They can keep remaking anthology shows until the end of time. They should keep at it, especially with anthology shows making a comeback. I'm surprised HBO hasn't dusted off Tales from the Crypt at this point for real. Seems like a no-brainer, especially with American Horror Story being so big, plus scream queens coming out, and twin peaks coming back

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They can keep remaking anthology shows until the end of time. They should keep at it, especially with anthology shows making a comeback. I'm surprised HBO hasn't dusted off Tales from the Crypt at this point for real. Seems like a no-brainer, especially with American Horror Story being so big, plus scream queens coming out, and twin peaks coming back
you know what, i think thats why i made that post cause i was really thinkin about that
like, damn HBO aint tryna do nothin with Tales From the Crypt again?
that Black Mirror show on Netflix was dope but they didnt have enough episodes and that Christmas one was so dope it just made me upset cause i knew there werent anymore lol
i didnt like American Horror Story like that
i liked the 1st season but after that
naaaaaaaah