Real talk, black folks are losing if you never been to Africa.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
We were going to go for our honeymoon but they wanted us to take so many immunizations and vaccinations and it freaked me out. There was just a story in the news about a solider who died from her immunizations about a month prior. We ended up going to Hawaii but I definitely want to go.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
I'm going in the next two years..
you self loathing nikkas should really consider suicide.
a0yqua.jpg

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You're right, Africa is a continent with 54 countries. Our ancestors come from West Africa, which is around 4,000 miles in length. My statement was blanket, but so was the OPs statement that people who don't go to Africa are essentially lames. He's not taking into account the emotional baggage that some of us may feel towards Africa, and Africans in general. You still have African Americans who still don't understand the full culpability that west coast Africans played in the Trans Atlantic slave trade.

So you don't want to go to Africa because of the emotional baggage you might have because they're descendants of a part of the continent may have sold you into slavery. But you're somehow magically able to to be okay with living in the country of those who enslaved you and is currently enforcing a system of oppression against you?

For those who do know, how are we suppossed to process this information? Vexation is the only word that comes to my mind once I began to learn the origins of the slave trade. Then there are some of us who have had negative interactions with Africans. Members of my family tell me all the time about their negative interactions with African immigrants, which have left me jaundice about them. I know I shouldn't judge the majority of them by the actions of a few, but its hard not to :manny:

If you can't process the info that some West Africans may have sold you into slavery, how are you able to live in the US? Every state in this country had enforced slavery. Every state in this country enforced Jim Crow. Every state in this country has systematically discriminated against African people.

And how is it that you can't deal with Africans because of negative interactions someone you know may have had with them, but you're ok living in a country where they're still flying the rebel flag in state courthouses?

LMAO you have to be either white, or you love white people so much, that nothing they do will make you feel uncomfortable around em. You really bout that :nonikkas: life

EDIT: This nikka talkin bout emotional trauma and he's from Ohio :pachaha:

This is how your state gets down breh

Cincinnati landlord puts up Whites Only sign - 2012

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
dont need yall there. thanks.

Co-sign.

With some of the nasty and typical ignorant comments about Africa, I'm glad some of these posters DON'T want to visit there.

The continent is so vast and diverse, yet they'll believe white western propaganda about it while at the same time getting shytted on and being called "refugees" in their own country of birth. But when black people like the ones featured in Hidden Colors and others who have actually been and maybe even lived there tell them the other side and let them know that many parts of the continent aren't nearly as bad as the media will have them believe, then they just write it off as 'black militant' nonsense. :smh:

Constantine

Et in Arcadia ego...
Daps
Reppin
The "BUCKEYE" Nation
So you don't want to go to Africa because of the emotional baggage you might have because they're descendants of a part of the continent may have sold you into slavery. But you're somehow magically able to to be okay with living in the country of those who enslaved you and is currently enforcing a system of oppression against you?

If you can't process the info that some West Africans may have sold you into slavery, how are you able to live in the US? Every state in this country had enforced slavery. Every state in this country enforced Jim Crow. Every state in this country has systematically discriminated against African people.

And how is it that you can't deal with Africans because of negative interactions someone you know may have had with them, but you're ok living in a country where they're still flying the rebel flag in state courthouses?

LMAO you have to be either white, or you love white people so much, that nothing they do will make you feel uncomfortable around em. You really bout that :nonikkas: life

EDIT: This nikka talkin bout emotional trauma and he's from Ohio :pachaha:

This is how your state gets down breh

Cincinnati landlord puts up Whites Only sign - 2012
I didn't say I didn't want to go. I was simply posing a rhetorical question to the OP, who stated that you're losing if you don't want to go visit Africa. I simply stated some reasons that I, and other black Americans may have for not visiting, and for the record, I am black. I mean, why is it fair to call us losers, simply because we have no interest in going to a place that we might not feel welcome? And as for being magically able to live in the US, no I'm not. There are things about living in the US that I don't like. As for the Rebel flag, I'm not okay with that either. I get vexed when I see someone wearing it on their shirt, or bumper sticker. I just went snowboarding over in Indiana a few weeks ago, a saw a caucasin with a rebel flag belt buckle; what am I supposed to do, duff him for wearing it? I see you haven't responded to flusterose comment
dont need yall there. thanks.
, for some of us this is how we think Africans view us, which is negatively.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Why post pics of skylines that look worse than any major American city and say we need to go see that? If you want people to spend 1000s of dollars to visit an area you need to show things they can't see by just looking out the window.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I didn't say I didn't want to go. I was simply posing a rhetorical question to the OP, who stated that you're losing if you don't want to go visit Africa. I simply stated some reasons that I, and other black Americans may have for not visiting, and for the record, I am black. I mean, why is it fair to call us losers, simply because we have no interest in going to a place that we might not feel welcome? And as for being magically able to live in the US, no I'm not. There are things about living in the US that I don't like. As for the Rebel flag, I'm not okay with that either. I get vexed when I see someone wearing it on their shirt, or bumper sticker. I just went snowboarding over in Indiana a few weeks ago, a saw a caucasin with a rebel flag belt buckle; what am I supposed to do, duff him for wearing it? I see you haven't responded to flusterose comment

So you're able to deal with the emotional baggage just fine. You were able to somehow manage seeing the descendants of your enslavers wearing a momento of your enslavement with pride without resorting to violence or balling up in the fetal position in tears. But visiting the continent of your ancestors is just out of the question :rudy:?

for some of us this is how we think Africans view us, which is negatively.

One of my best friends is Nigerian and I've dated some cool ass broads from Kenya and Ghana. Africa is a continent, not someone's private residence. No one can keep you from going there. From the people I know that's actually been there, they told me they've received mad love as long as you don't go there on some ":scusthov: y'all nikkas don't gotta Wal Mart?".

Do some research on the history of the continent before you say dumb shyt like Africans don't want African Americans on the continent. In 1948 Emperor Haile Sellasie of Ethiopia had set apart land in Shashamane to anyone from the Caribbeans who want to repatriate back to Africa. Then there's Kwame Nkrumah (1st president of Ghana) who showed love to blacks in the US from day one.

Even Marcus Garvey back in 1920s was getting love from the African government to bring African Americans back to Africa. Kwame Ture (aka Stokely Carmichael) left the US and moved to Conakry, Guinea.

nikkas like you is why Garvey said he don't want every African American to go back to Africa, you'll do more harm than good. You're mind has been polluted against your own people and you don't even realize it.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're able to deal with the emotional baggage just fine. You were able to somehow manage seeing the descendants of your enslavers wearing a momento of your enslavement with pride without resorting to violence or balling up in the fetal position in tears. But visiting the continent of your ancestors is just out of the question :rudy:?

One of my best friends is Nigerian and I've dated some cool ass broads from Kenya and Ghana. Africa is a continent, not someone's private residence. No one can keep you from going there. From the people I know that's actually been there, they told me they've received mad love as long as you don't go there on some ":scusthov: y'all nikkas don't gotta Wal Mart?".

Do some research on the history of the continent before you say dumb shyt like Africans don't want African Americans on the continent. In 1948 Emperor Haile Sellasie of Ethiopia had set apart land in Shashamane to anyone from the Caribbeans who want to repatriate back to Africa. Then there's Kwame Nkrumah (1st president of Ghana) who showed love to blacks in the US from day one.

Even Marcus Garvey back in 1920s was getting love from the African government to bring African Americans back to Africa. Kwame Ture (aka Stokely Carmichael) left the US and moved to Conakry, Guinea.

nikkas like you is why Garvey said he don't want every African American to go back to Africa, you'll do more harm than good. You're mind has been polluted against your own people and you don't even realize it

I bet this nikka thinks the type of slavery that went on in America is identical to the type of slavery in Africa.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If I ever get into a good amount of money I plan on going to the West Indies and Africa
:sadbron: damn being poor at the moment

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Why post pics of skylines that look worse than any major American city and say we need to go see that? If you want people to spend 1000s of dollars to visit an area you need to show things they can't see by just looking out the window.

Probably because to a lot of people, Africa doesn't have anything modern about it. It's a continent of mud huts and people living in abject poverty.

Personally I wanna go check out the African Renaissance Monument
img_9436.jpg

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
If I ever get into a good amount of money I plan on going to the West Indies and Africa
:sadbron: damn being poor at the moment

Damn breh how broke are you? Groupon gotta 3 night stay in a resort in Jamaica for $279 and you can use AirTran for flights to the island for the low.

Hopefully you can scrape up some money and take a trip breh. Traveling let's you realize how deep black people are across this planet. We're fukkin everywhere :whoo:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn breh how broke are you? Groupon gotta 3 night stay in a resort in Jamaica for $279 and you can use AirTran for flights to the island for the low.

Hopefully you can scrape up some money and take a trip breh. Traveling let's you realize how deep black people are across this planet. We're fukkin everywhere :whoo:

:to:
I'm still real young though, so I still have time