Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
10. It’s new edition.

HauntingConcreteHornedtoad-max-1mb.gif

Daps
That's a 10.

I mean ya average r&b group is lucky to have two star to come out of it.

For them to go their separate ways & become stars on their own right & reassemble like Voltron is nothing short of remarkable.

noble

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was gonna give them a 7, the more I thought about it they are legendary. All the members can't sing this is true but the ones that can sing have a very distinct sound, you know who they are. They are legendary for what they were not because of their vocal abilities as a group though

Suzie

Pro
Daps
Beneficiaries of great production which made if seem like they were better singers than they really were

That doesn't take anything away from them but if we're rating based on singing ability, i have to give them a 5
Same here. Vocally? A 5 and nothing more. That’s being generous because two members can’t sing AT ALL. But overall I’d give them a 9.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I went with a 9. You gotta respect them cause they birthed Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Silk, Jagged Edge etc ; your favorite boy band came from NE.

2 classic albums in Heartbreak and Home Again. A timeless collection of songs: Telephone Man, Cool It Now, Candy Girl, If It Isn't Love, Can You Stand The Rain, N.E Heartbreak, Not My Kinda Girl, Home Again, Still In Love..sheesh...These boys broke up in 1988 with a smash album, then came back in 1996 with another smash album. Thats damn near a decade. All of em were successful after they broke up. Just shows how talented they were.

You gotta respect their longevity. Came out as kids hustling. Nikkas was so popular that Big Daddy Kane opened for them on tour while they were still kids man. BDK NIKKA arguably the most popular rapper of the 80's. They could dance too and even though they weren't THAT great of singers, they all could hold down a verse. Johnny and Ralph though :wow: Perfect blend of power and smoothness. Shout out to Ricky too. My mans killed on Still In Love. That's my fav song from them. :wow:

9/10

so why give them a 9?

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Beneficiaries of great production which made if seem like they were better singers than they really were

That doesn't take anything away from them but if we're rating based on singing ability, i have to give them a 5

I swear you need a RKO right now. Once Johnny joined the group, all bets were off. Now you can't say they were weak vocally. Plus remember when they first came out, they were a bubble gum pop group. Once JG grown, they were on some grown man ish.