Rate This Group | Day 9 | New Edition

How Would You Rate New Edition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
10. There is no R&B group better than New Edition in the last 30 years. You have one of the top three singers in the last 30 years (Johnny) two good singers in the group (Ralph, Ricky), two rappers (Mike and Ronnie), and all of them could dance except Johnny. They were good performers who could switch from slow songs to high tempo songs with ease. They were trained to perform and had good choreography.

What group do you know where everybody went single and went to the top? Bobby went solo and blew up, BBD went solo and blew up, Johnny went solo and blew up. Ralph was a disappointment mainly because of expectations and timing, but he was still top of the charts when he went solo. They were like the Avengers.

I actually like that the lead singer had the least success when they all went solo. Cause it showed the talent and depth of the group. Normally the lead singer of a group go solo and blow up, the backup lead goes solo with moderate to little success and the rest find other work outside of recording songs until it's time for a reunion tour.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
New Edition best shyt for me came in the 90s

When I was little it was all about :mj:. There was this Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 resurgence back then. So I guess that's why I wasn't into them like that at the time. I think they're great now but I was obsessed with anything MJ from pre k on up

Archangel

Banned
Daps
any New Edition music my parents played I thought were the Jacksons. 90s kid problems

giphy.gif

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
:russ: I knew you were going to check me lol. All honesty I didn't grow up listening to them like that. When I was coming up Michael Jackson was sitting on Top of the world, The Jacksons American dream was THE best Made for tv movie I ever seen and any New Edition music my parents played I thought were the Jacksons. 90s kid problems

Nicca I'm a 90's kid too...:mjlol:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
When I was little it was all about :mj:. There was this Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 resurgence back then. So I guess that's why I wasn't into them like that at the time. I think they're great now but I was obsessed with anything MJ from pre k on up

The only reason I'm up on the 80's better then most is because in the mid to late 80's I grew up in a night club so I got all the new music first....I remember when toni toni toni's first song ever hit the club in 87 "hey little water".because I there but in actually I was only 5 years old ..:manny:

Last edited:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
The only reason I'm up on the 80's better then most is because in the mid to late 80's I grew up in a night club so I got all the new music first....I remember when toni toni toni's first song ever hit the club in 87 "hey little water".because I there but in actually I was on 5 years old ..:manny:
You were ahead of the game see. I wasn't allowed to buy my own music until I was in middle school. You 5 years old club hopping :wow:. Preacher Kid problems lol