How Would You Rate New Edition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
9.I wanted to give them a 10, but I can't put them with The Temptations, Jackson 5, Ojays, Isleys. Classic songs, and maybe only one classic album. One of my personal favorite groups though.

Bro, what did i tell you in the Silk thread? STOP COMPARING. If you sit here comparing every 90s group to the legends, you're gonna lose. NE set their own standard

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Went with an 8 initially but after thinking about it had to jump to a 10. Way too many classics. If you include the classics from when they split they could probably give you a double disc of all classics.
I think that's partly why they should get a 10. Even when they all went solo, they still considered themselves one large group and gave each other love. Like I said, they were like the avengers.

^Bobby wins best male album in 89 and gives New Edition a shout out saying he loves them. (New Edition won best group album that same awards show)

^This video was the year after they broke up in 1990. Training for the MTV awards for a reunion performance. They still considered themselves a group as Bobby noted. Side note, it was dope seeing Bobby do the If It Isn't Love dance in that video.

^BBD wins best new R&B artist in 1991, New Edition goes up there together to accept the award, and Mike says "This is an award for the family, Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, Mike, Ralph and Johnny, better known as New Edition".

So in that aspect when you are rating the group, you have to rate the group in it's entirety. It's one giant brand basically.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think that's partly why they should get a 10. Even when they all went solo, they still considered themselves one large group and gave each other love. Like I said, they were like the avengers.

^This video was the year after they broke up in 1990. Training for the MTV awards for a reunion performance. They still considered themselves a group as Bobby noted. Side note, it was dope seeing Bobby do the If It Isn't Love dance in that video.

Real shyt, the New Edition performance with Bobby joining back with New Edition had me watching every award show for like 15 years after just because I didn't want to miss another moment as cool as that lol.