How Would You Rate New Edition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
10. the impact they had on music groups was crazy. Can sing and dance equally well. Got only stronger vocally when Johnny joined the group. Concerts would sell out the building. that's how big new edition was. there's a reason why a new edition tour and tv show can come on and still sell out the building. People love love New ediition. The only regret i can say is that I wish they let Ricky shine more in that group the way he does with BBD. Ricky is pretty strong vocally and that would have helped. I know they went with Ralph because his voice is more SAFE..

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I went with a 9. You gotta respect them cause they birthed Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Silk, Jagged Edge etc ; your favorite boy band came from NE.

2 classic albums in Heartbreak and Home Again. A timeless collection of songs: Telephone Man, Cool It Now, Candy Girl, If It Isn't Love, Can You Stand The Rain, N.E Heartbreak, Not My Kinda Girl, Home Again, Still In Love..sheesh...These boys broke up in 1988 with a smash album, then came back in 1996 with another smash album. Thats damn near a decade. All of em were successful after they broke up. Just shows how talented they were.

You gotta respect their longevity. Came out as kids hustling. Nikkas was so popular that Big Daddy Kane opened for them on tour while they were still kids man. BDK NIKKA arguably the most popular rapper of the 80's. They could dance too and even though they weren't THAT great of singers, they all could hold down a verse. Johnny and Ralph though :wow: Perfect blend of power and smoothness. Shout out to Ricky too. My mans killed on Still In Love. That's my fav song from them. :wow:

9/10

Dr. Claw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
M.A.D.
Only group to really follow the Jacksons blueprint, yet tell their own story.
The fact that the group split 4 ways with all of the involved parties having HITS? Classic.

and it's funny because their pre-Heartbreak albums were uneven at best. Drama on All For Love, because of Bobby getting the boot after it was released.
Bobby was THE MAN in R&B for a good year or two
Heartbreak was one of the GOAT albums, and resurrected Johnny Gill's career (another reason why they were legendary)
BBD had at least one classic album with memorable singles, ditto for Ralph

Their biopic was classic TV.
A group of young nikkas from Boston... imagine that. R&B legends

Daps
10, theres never been and there will never be, a better modern R&B group.

:wow::wow:

anigif_sub-buzz-20907-1554740811-1.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Legendary status. All that needs to be said. 9. I didn't like all their songs and I was young when they first gained some momentum so I wasn't checking for them like that but I can't disrespect the blueprint for most contemporary male R&B groups today (also those cac copycat clones and white boy bands like backstreet boys and 98 degrees that never gave N.E. their due) .

(minus 1 point bc Bobby Brown started wilding and replaced by Johnny Gill who couldn't dance worth sh--, messed up the dynamic).