Rate This City: Day 99 - Columbus Ohio

Rate: Columbus Ohio

• Total voters

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Man I just got back in the city after 7 years. I went to my old hood mt Vernon ave and got damn the gentrification taking over the hood. White ladies running with the dogs. New apartment buildings shyt looked totally different. :damn:.
I have a home off MT Vernon. Moved there in 2020 but my wifes grandmas house is by pilgrim. Definitely seen with my own eyes how fast it changed even from 2020 :mjpls: ,

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
Columbus, OH is straight. Its a good city to raise a family in. Actually pretty diverse as far as having over 200k African Americans and people from all over the world. It actually has a decent-sized Haitian, Puerto Rican, and Dominican community which is probably surprising for most considering its in Ohio. With all the diversity there's also some decent restaurants down here. There are a lot of good-paying jobs in Columbus. I know a lot of brothers and sisters getting paid out here. Lots of opportunities.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
While it's still an abysmal Ohio territory, Cincinnati at least feels like a major American city when you drive thru it.

Man Cincinnati is basically Dallas in the Midwest. A cultural blackhole of snobby mfers who act like they shyt don't stink cause they got a house through family in Walnut Hills and live in Madisonville

even through I can't stand the Nati, it's still a step above the trashy mfers who raw dog lizzo shapped white bytches with confederate flag tattoos like in Indianapolis

insomniac

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
For all of Columbus's growth and prosperity...

Nightlife is worse than ever...
Hoe's are worse than ever...
Downtown is still wack.
Public transportation is still non-existent.
Walkability is still absymal.
Half the black hoods are being gentrified by whites. The other half is being occupied by immigrants...

Don't get me wrong, many places are worse than Columbus and I appreciate blacks getting their numbers up in areas like New Albany, Gahanna, Blacklick... But as an ex-degenerate with no kids... The city is as boring as ever... The pandemic killed what little flavor the city had imo...

Since I'm generous, I'd give the city 6/10...

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Man Cincinnati is basically Dallas in the Midwest. A cultural blackhole of snobby mfers who act like they shyt don't stink cause they got a house through family in Walnut Hills and live in Madisonville
Idk man, I like nice things :hubie:. I'm in a Gucci polo eating oysters and drinking gin right now. Not a lie.

Being a snob > being a bum

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Downtown is still wack.
Half the black hoods are being gentrified by whites. The other half is being occupied by immigrants...

Don't get me wrong, many places are worse than Columbus and I appreciate blacks getting their numbers up in areas like New Albany, Gahanna, Blacklick... But as an ex-degenerate with no kids... The city is as boring as ever.... The pandemic killed what little flavor the city had imo...

Seems like whats hurting Columbus as a whole. Half our black friends live in Delaware :francis:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Downtown is still wack.

Don't get me wrong, many places are worse than Columbus and I appreciate blacks getting their numbers up in areas like New Albany, Gahanna, Blacklick... But as an ex-degenerate with no kids... The city is as boring as ever... The pandemic killed what little flavor the city had imo...

All facts but the bolded is arguable