Rate This City: Day 9 - New Orleans

Rate: New Orleans

• Total voters

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dope ass city I enjoyed it as a visitor…I could see why for locals it could be a hell hole tho. :patrice:

Stayed at this dope ass timeshare hotel did the WW2 museum, plantation and swamp tour, Boubon street, French Quarter.

Downtown is nice the sights and smell the street performers all the homeless people it almost reminded me of a lil down South NYC with palm trees while other areas with those French/Spanish colonial streets looked Caribbean but then at the same time with that humidity and the shotgun homes was undoubtedly Southern. Unique culture, great food, festive, drummers, shoe shine boys, jazz players, art.

Rode that street car and saw a lot of nice million dollar homes apparently Lil Wayne hood Hollygrove is not too far from these homes.

One of the best cities in America imo

could you give a link to those tours fam? That’s something I wanna do when I visit.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If any of y’all are into podcast, give a listen to season 4 of the American Haunting Podcast.

season 4 is dedicated to the history & hauntings of New Orleans. I’m on the 2nd episode and they’re talking about the “Black Codes” and how whites who mistreated blacks back then in the 1700s & 1800s were looked down upon & treated as outcasts.

obviously slavery is wrong but I didn’t know New Orleans was a progressive city back then compared to other cities in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia etc.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Reelected yall mayor

giphy.gif

as much as nikkas talked about how whack she was doing, these nikkas re-elected her damn ass :smh: no change in the east, the garbage fiasco, sewage and water board still no better, and indictment, the list goes on, nikkas just happy because she called teedy, and be at treehouse

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
giphy.gif

as much as nikkas talked about how whack she was doing, these nikkas re-elected her damn ass :smh: no change in the east, the garbage fiasco, sewage and water board still no better, and indictment, the list goes on, nikkas just happy because she called teedy, and be at treehouse
She seems like a bird from some of the ig comments.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I hate tourist activities when traveling but New Orleans is the only city I’d say get a tour off, especially the Katrina tour.

White boy with a strong Cajun accent had us rolling with hella jokes and I learned a lot about the city and the disaster.

And for time of the year if you wanna save money go in January. I could fly all the way from The Mitten to The Boot round trip for like $80. And tellys even in the Quarter we’re like $60 a night

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Seen they going off on her on certain ig blogs for the dancing and shucking and jiving.