Rate: New Orleans

• Total voters

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Definitely on my top five cities to visit. Probably 2nd after LA. Although I'll likely visit NO first due to cost and logistics. I know it's got a lot of culture and history. Hear good things about the food and vibe there. Granted that's like bourbon street and the French quarter, cuz my ass ain't tryna check out the third ward or hollygrove. Seems like a fun city to visit and everyone that's gone has said good things. I don't know about living there tho. Nothing against the city but just doesn't seem like my type of place. Hopefully o take a weekend trip out there when the winter season ends or next spring/summer.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Going there in December hook a breh up with some spots :feedme:

Depends on what you trying to get into, but it’s a city to eat and drink

Been living here 3 years i love it, it has its good and bad

Bad: pot holes, some ignorant mother fukkers (but Nola doesn’t have an exclusive on that) people really drive bad down here(i know everyone swears another city is bad, but trust it’s bad here, btw your car insurance may be as much as a rent payment) when it’s hot it’s hot, cost on hotels and certain things can go up because whatever is in town, dating is hit or miss, Ive done my thing down here, but sometimes it’s hard to find a girl that’s about her shyt, job market is slim, there is not a ton of family things to do, outside of hitting up a fest, schools are not the best, but there are some good ones

Good: a ton of fest, lots of women out of towners and in town, lots of parades and parties, so many restaurants to try and even the gas stations have good food, beautiful architecture, history, some great homes, the people are great, cost of living

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
It's a city I love to visit, but where I would never ever live. 7.
Born and raised there and I tell people all the time "it's a beautiful place to visit but bad place to live if you not caked up already." Very little money to be made there legally.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Depends on what you trying to get into, but it’s a city to eat and drink

Been living here 3 years i love it, it has its good and bad

Bad: pot holes, some ignorant mother fukkers (but Nola doesn’t have an exclusive on that) people really drive bad down here(i know everyone swears another city is bad, but trust it’s bad here, btw your car insurance may be as much as a rent payment) when it’s hot it’s hot, cost on hotels and certain things can go up because whatever is in town, dating is hit or miss, Ive done my thing down here, but sometimes it’s hard to find a girl that’s about her shyt, job market is slim, there is not a ton of family things to do, outside of hitting up a fest, schools are not the best, but there are some good ones

Good: a ton of fest, lots of women out of towners and in town, lots of parades and parties, so many restaurants to try and even the gas stations have good food, beautiful architecture, history, some great homes, the people are great, cost of living
I’ll be there with my girl I’m trying to hit local spots as much as possible, take pictures, see a voodoo ceremony if possible. Also planning to hit Luna fest.Do you recommend the spots in this video?

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I’ll be there with my girl I’m trying to hit local spots as much as possible, take pictures, see a voodoo ceremony if possible. Also planning to hit Luna fest.Do you recommend the spots in this video?

Yes, although I’ve never eaten at the French market, neyows is good to me, try the bow-wow it’s a strong drink, Elizabeth is good it’s in the bywater area candy bacon is good, and the steak and eggs is good, go for brunch, they tend to have a line but it’s not too bad, studio Be is in the bywater area, and check out baccnaal ( i always spell it wrong) it’s a wine bar, where you buy the bottle, but cheese and meat and make a charcuterie plate and has live music( but it may not be the move in cold December, depends on your wife but they have the heated lamps, depending on how your lady deals with the elements)
Some restaurants that i recommend besides the ones old boy went to
Joey K’s
Katie’s (bottomless mimosas)
Cajuns, the one on Claiborne (gumbo, seafood/po boys)
Munch factory
Willa jeans
Company burger
Country club
Juan’s flying burrito
Fire food and spirits
New Orleans food and spirit
Bevi seafood
Theos pizza
Big cheesey
Blue line sandwich co
Melt
Manchus
Cafe sole and the Paris room
Chicken and watermelon
Chinese kitchen
Santanesse soul secrets
Jazz daiquiri (cash only)
Triangle deli
Farmacy ( good burgers and wings)
J’s creole (wings)
Morrows
Dragos just the oysters the food hella expensive
Toups
Slim goody
Natals ( in the east but good)
Find damn near any gas station in the hood and you gon eat good
I swear I’m drawing a blank there are more

Other things to do
Wed New Orleans jazz market like buddy went to
Balcony bar
Frenchmen street
Bullets
Hangover bar
Big man lounge (cash only)
Pearl wine
St roch
Carousal bar
Jake and snake Christmas bar
Mother mae (24 hours cheap drinks cash only)
Avenue pub 24 hours
Couter Brown (food and bar) the food is good, bar is hella white though
Again it’s more but this will get you in general areas

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
ugly ass buildings downtown..looks like some Soviet Bloc shyt. I was there for the Bayou Classic a couple weeks ago and it was cool tho. I need to go without 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders :francis:

Saw some beautiful ass women though. The music/band culture down there is me all day, but idk if I can deal with that humidity all year

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@portcityplaya

giphy.gif

Let me catch you in a thread in a coliseum. fukk the saints :pacspit:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
ugly ass buildings downtown..looks like some Soviet Bloc shyt. I was there for the Bayou Classic a couple weeks ago and it was cool tho. I need to go without 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders :francis:

Saw some beautiful ass women though. The music/band culture down there is me all day, but idk if I can deal with that humidity all year

Humidity can be a pain in the ass, currently the weather has been schizophrenic hot cold rainy hot rainy cold hot cold :francis: