Rate these cities from most desired to least as a black man.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I work in tech so I picked these for a reason. Not every career path offers a black person to live in a place such as Atlanta, which I have lived in, with a strong black experience.

Anyway I have listed some of these places I would at least consider career opportunities to move. Some I omitted like Phoenix, Boston, or San Francisco because fukk those places. Anyways here's my list.

-Seattle, WA
-Austin, TX
-Raleigh, NC (Research Triangle Park in particular)
-Northern VA / DC Area
-Philadelphia
-Nashville
-Denver / Fort Collins
-San Diego

Discuss.

Va/DC would be my choice. but its really expensive. philly has ugly hoes, but plenty of black folks. I'd probably pick nashville. been down there lots of times and I really like it.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Va/DC would be my choice. but its really expensive. philly has ugly hoes, but plenty of black folks. I'd probably pick nashville. been down there lots of times and I really like it.

How's it for a brotha there in Nashville? It's appealing to me because it's a growing city, no state income tax there and low cost of living.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Oh, I forgot about Seattle...

Don't know much about it. I think it's tech friendly though but not sure. It might not be your typical help desk/networking tech, more like for programming or web designer based. Don't quote me though, I'll google it later.

But in regards to black culture, I don't think you'll find much there. still I hear it's a chill place to live as well. Cold and rains a lot I think

Why Seattle so high?+

13 High-Tech Cities You'll Want to Call Home
1 of 13
Seattle
Yes, it's always sort of grey in Seattle, but the Emerald City is also pretty green. The average salary for those in tech is $99,423. Not that far away, Redmond, Washington, is known for being home to Microsoft. But there are plenty of other tech companies in the area, including Amazon and Boeing.

No. 1: Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue - In Photos: The Best Cities For Tech Jobs
No. 1: Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue

The Seattle metro area has posted 12% tech job growth over the past two years and 7.6% STEM growth, handily beating the performance of Silicon Valley. More important still to potential job-seekers, the Puget Sound regions has grown consistently in good times and bad, boasting a remarkable 43% increase in tech employment from 2001 through 2011 and an 18% expansion in STEM. Seattle weathered both recessions of the past decade better than most regions. The presence of such solid tech-oriented companies as Microsoft, Amazon and Boeing -- and lower costs than the Bay Area -- may have much to do with this.

Seattle is my home. As far as the tech side of things it's about as good as you can get besides the Bay Area. As far as the diversity goes it's 70% white. That scares some people. It's very liberal and weed isn't frowned upon here.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Oh, I forgot about Seattle...

Don't know much about it. I think it's tech friendly though but not sure. It might not be your typical help desk/networking tech, more like for programming or web designer based. Don't quote me though, I'll google it later.

But in regards to black culture, I don't think you'll find much there. still I hear it's a chill place to live as well. Cold and rains a lot I think
Not true at all....the South End/South Seattle is pre dominantly black...Tacoma also has a decent black population....
Why Seattle so high?+
The tech jobs are abundant here and they pay really good....my wife who is black is an executive assistant to a very successful person in South Lake Union....if you are not familiar with the South Lake Union area....Google it....

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Seattle has a decent black community....you nikkaz that dont live here just don't know about it...:manny:....but from your list Philly would be the #1 choice....
Is there a part of Seattle where a lot of black people live at?

Because I never heard of a black neighborhood or region of the city that black people stay a Seattle.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City

Because I never heard of a black neighborhood or region of the city that black people stay a Seattle.
Yes there is....South Seattle....where you think alot of these basketball players come from?..

Since that time the Seattle/Western Washington area has produced 22 NBA Draft picks (tied for 7th) and our player-per-capita is the 7th highest.

For only the 18th largest state in America, that’s pretty impressive.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol not true at all. Philly has some of the best looking black women in the north

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L

It used to be the Central District until gentrification :francis: most of the black people now live in the Southend and in South King County (Sea-Tac/Tukwila/Renton)...Tacoma and Lakewood got a sizable amount too....but this is the West Coast...the black population is not like down south or on the east coast

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Lol not true at all. Philly has some of the best looking black women in the north
:dwillhuh: where are these best looking women....Philly wasn't impressive at all...but women up north aren't exactly the best in America :manny:...seems like the best looking chicks move to Cali or down south

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I never knew that.:ehh:

I thought black people in Seattle spread around the city.

Is the a black part of Portland Oregon(if you know anything about that city)?
Not sure about Oregon....but I would assume so...I know there is a large bi racial population there just like here in Seattle....

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:dwillhuh: where are these best looking women....Philly wasn't impressive at all...but women up north aren't exactly the best in America :manny:...seems like the best looking chicks move to Cali or down south

Suburbs....Philly's a ratchet ghetto city compared to D.C. and New York. You'll find some cute chicks there but, most of them live in the Main Line, Chester County, South Jersey burbs and Delaware.