Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-"ay y'all I got drugs!"
-shyt remind me I'm done with thot rap
-babymoms still care for ol boi
-her dicc sucking technique tho:gladbron:
-producer gave me "Hustle and Flow"vibes for a second

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This show is annoying. Think I’m done. Gave it four episodes and it stillseems like pure nonsense

haven’t seen the latest ep yet but it reminds me a lot of ‘entourage’…just a fun show but mostly fluff and fukkery…will probably get more random rapper appearances too as/if it gets more popular

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Unfortunately, it Seems like a reflection of a lot of these young folks.

These shows always gotta force in an obligatory gay storyline as well.
well to be fair...there are obligatory gays out here, so the days of them not being included are over :patrice:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
well to be fair...there are obligatory gays out here, so the days of them not being included are over :patrice:
Bruh, they are over represented, they’ve done studies on this. I’ve had five different friend groups from HS thru grad school, work, and my gym, none of my closet circles had a lesbian in it, the only lesbian in my life is my line sister who I’ve never been close to (not for her sexuality, we just never were tight). It’s wild that every single show with a crew of females all has a lesbian (butch/stud at that) as a main member and at least one other who is experimenting or fluid. Maybe that’s really how Gen z is living, but these shows I’m talking about are firmly millennial shows and I don’t think it reflects our groupings. We won’t even get into the randomly gay black male characters to kill two birds with one stone. It feels really forced and inauthentic. It’s like late 00s-10’s shows that felt the need to be “diverse” with one obligatory snarky black lady, hip black guy, or Americanized Asian who makes fun of FOB Asians

I prefer the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s when shows were segregated :pachaha: cuz no matter how much they want to paint a racially harmonious America, we’re still highly segregated socially, residentially, and sadly, even professionally

Last edited:

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Bruh, they are over represented, they’ve don’t studies on this. I’ve had five different friend groups from HS thru grad school, work, and my gym, none of my closet circles had a lesbian in it, the only lesbian in my life is my line sister who I’ve never been close to (not for her sexuality, we just never were tight). It’s wild that every single show with a crew of females all has a lesbian (butch/stud at that) as a main member and at least one other who is experimenting or fluid. Maybe that’s really how Gen z is living, but these shows in talking about are firmly millennial shows and I don’t think it reflects our groupings. We won’t even get into the randomly gay black male characters to kill two birds with one stone. It feels really forced and inauthentic. It’s like late 00s-10’s shows that felt the need to be “diverse” with one obligatory snarky black lady, hip black guy, or Americanized Asian who makes fun of FOB Asians

I prefer the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s when shows were segregated :pachaha: cuz no matter how much they want to paint a racially harmonious America, we’re still highly segregated socially, residentially, and sadly, even professionally
fair enough...:lolbron:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I enjoyed this episode. I think having the homegirls in the mix added a lil more energy and comedy. I was hype for them hearing their shyt being played for the first time. Started a lil shaky but I think it’s finding it’s stride a lil bit. Them constantly recording everything is a bit annoying but that’s real cause that’s how this gen is with everything.