Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Why Shawna bring the yes blouse to the morning meeting and the FaceTime with the scammer......

She could have chilled on the foundation, bit much

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The Kevin Samuels slander RIP to God father :wow:

I ain't shot a nikka since 03' :russ:

Chasity carrying this show on her back.
You heauxs stay here and don't do shyt!!!!

Or I'm sending you to Unc. :birdman:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Mia is trash. One thing her mama got right, it's okay just making the best with what you have. She always tryna scheme and it keeps biting her in the ass.

The jokes her homies was crackin on Lord Ak was a live manifestation of the soulless social media era we currently live in. Everything's a jokey joke until it happens to you.

We finally see that Maurice might actually like Shawna but he too caught up with his kinfolk.

Uncle Calvin the realest since kumbaya.

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Very sharp satire about rap culture, and seemed to be channeling the JOE BUDDEN pod and Drink Champs

hilarious writing when Shawna, Mia, and her friends were chilling at the house: but also felt for Shawna when she was hurt. Good acting.

he burnt for that
Im'a stop roasting him

it's a great and poignant mix of comedy and realer life emotions. Shawna's acting was excellent here. Mia's Mom is where Mia got those values from though. Mia just wants to go further than her Mom did is my read. @TheNig Her Mom is chasing D listers with fake shoes in some C level broke ass spot, and Mia is acting a little messy with two ballers in LA. But, the same mindset of "GOT EM" drives them both, but Mia has ore confidence in herself.

and of course Maurice likes Shawna, they have been building up their dynamic from episode one. His cousin is the shakiest one. Two broke ass low level hustlers acting like international crime bosses recording phone calls, and trying to build a case. Maurice is pretty shaky too, but his acting and charm sells him. It's a good characterization, esp. for a 30 minute show, and a secondary character.

his acting was also very good here. Very much reminded me of Insecure's sweeter moments. The show's walk between satire and real life doesn't always land in the murder scenes, or violence, but it mostly works. Shows the uglier part of pimping and that culture. And highlights what their Miami holds for them, the longer they stay on pause.

I think this is the best show on TV now. Has anything else captured rap culture, street culture, relationships from these perspectives, or even tried? P Valley maybe, but I only watched one episode. This is probably a bit smarter.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
To add to the Maurice, 8 years ago I would have just said he's a p*ssy, but now I think how I have changed a little too, and the show's writing is kinda showing that he IS kinda p*ssy as far as Zoe Pound business, but a decent enough person and he's really just kind of a goofy, sweet guy, who isn't really into street or dope game or Zoe culture. It's just a a reflection of his culture and circumstances.

His cousin is more the loser in the game, who is jealous and paranoid and wants to keep his best worker under him. common trope in crime shows lol.

Last edited: