Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Didn't even know this shyt was byke fr. Buddy a foo' lol. Lol @ Shawna thinkin' she was bout to MLK dese mfs out some groupies and gettin sum champagne jizz to the face. Dat nicca she fukkin seem like he on sum sheisty island mon shyt too.

Daps
Mia is a really well written/played character.

I’m not a hoodrat nor do I hang with hoodrats, so I can’t say how ‘accurate’ she is, but the way they’re portraying feels real lol. Watching her self sabotage cuz she doesn’t know what non-toxic love is has been :ohhh:

Like, she’s eeked out by missionary sex since she’s used to just being slutted out from the back. And her dumb ass friends are egging her on. Just like they’re egging her on in this last episode for fukking it up with Cash. These broads is dumber with less high stakes experience than Mia yet this is who’s giving her advice. The deaf and blind leading the blind. :snoop:

She’s too dumb to be about that slime life at this level. She could’ve easily made that billboard party work. First, Lamont wasn’t even trying to be with her as he explicitly told her; he wanted the connections from being at the Billboard party. She screwed him for nothing. Just her hoodrat ass using hoodrat logic. Secondly, Chastity and Mia told her how to handle the other 2: Mia’s star is growing she’s gotta be careful with her image. Cash would’ve understood that being a star himself. Even if he didn’t, just argue about it that night and make up over it later. Should’ve just played hard to get with the other dude telling him the same shyt.

Glad Lamont ain’t falling for her BS. :salute:

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Mia is trash. One thing her mama got right, it's okay just making the best with what you have. She always tryna scheme and it keeps biting her in the ass.

The jokes her homies was crackin on Lord Ak was a live manifestation of the soulless social media era we currently live in. Everything's a jokey joke until it happens to you.

We finally see that Maurice might actually like Shawna but he too caught up with his kinfolk.

Uncle Calvin the realest since kumbaya.

All of this Mia the worst type of chick to take serious outside a smash and dash and even that can turn into some bullshyt.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:mjlol:

Uncle Calvin is about to pop some balloons

I ain't have to kill a n1gga since 03.
:damn:

Mia's mom is right. Mia stays trying to look for the easy way out or a quick hustle and it stays backfiring. She's already on the comeup she'll get to where she needs to be.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
It's been said before but it can't be exaggerated how much of breakthrough this show's casting is. I can't remember Shawna or Mia's aesthetic/body types ever being in starring roles like these. Shawna is exactly one cheeseburger away and it fine as shyt with it. Imagine if Living Single was made today and we got to see Sinclair done up bussin it open :wow:

And Mia might be the most humanized depiction of a "build-a-thot" that has been shown thus far across society. Sounds hyperbolic but think, when in the last 5 years or so have these types of women been shown as actual people, including on social media? It's like you get a BBL and it's either happily ever after or you're a tragedy, but either way you aren't just a normal human being anymore. Mia fine manufactured ass still got feelings too :noah:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-the song they chose for the recap was nuts

-podcasters are annoying as shyt
-Mia so hoodthicc...ion .was with that face tho
-Duke say it's hard out here for a pimp
-"get that dicc up out yo mouf!" :dead:

-Mia moms toxic AF
-Haitian cuz on some dirty shyt

Last edited:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Mia is a really well written/played character.

I’m not a hoodrat nor do I hang with hoodrats, so I can’t say how ‘accurate’ she is, but the way they’re portraying feels real lol. Watching her self sabotage cuz she doesn’t know what non-toxic love is has been :ohhh:

Like, she’s eeked out by missionary sex since she’s used to just being slutted out from the back. And her dumb ass friends are egging her on. Just like they’re egging her on in this last episode for fukking it up with Cash. These broads is dumber with less high stakes experience than Mia yet this is who’s giving her advice. The deaf and blind leading the blind. :snoop:

She’s too dumb to be about that slime life at this level. She could’ve easily made that billboard party work. First, Lamont wasn’t even trying to be with her as he explicitly told her; he wanted the connections from being at the Billboard party. She screwed him for nothing. Just her hoodrat ass using hoodrat logic. Secondly, Chastity and Mia told her how to handle the other 2: Mia’s star is growing she’s gotta be careful with her image. Cash would’ve understood that being a star himself. Even if he didn’t, just argue about it that night and make up over it later. Should’ve just played hard to get with the other dude telling him the same shyt.

Glad Lamont ain’t falling for her BS. :salute:
I agree. I think the writers are doing good job on her. She clearly wants to do better but she’s her own worst enemy.

I also feel like Duke is an interesting character because she desperately needs to have this managing shyt work out because of the line of work she’s in. She has to learn on the fly and fukk up a whole bunch before she comes into her own.