Ranking of African countries based on cultural influence. Do you agree?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Didn't mean to.
But its kinda irrelevant when they haven't produced a major film that's reached international audiences outside of the Nigerian diaspora.
India is JUST starting to break through with international audiences...word to the new Dev Patel movie

its not easy it seems.

I mean the only Chinese movies that broke through weren’t even from China but Singapore like Crazy Rich Asians.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
egypt wins by default in every country and language sphere on earth cause of the ancient past of the place. Less so because the current people. But you should not forget famous soccer players egypt has produced in the EU.

I will grant you the rest of them tho.

He is correct. in the french world there are a crap ton of influential ivory coast citizens, algerian citizens (they fought a huge war with france) (lebron level soccer stars) , tunisians (soccer mainly but also food) , Same could be made for the tremendous influence of Congolese in belgium and france. And Seychelles punches extremely above its weight class as vacation spot like jamaica is in the Anglophone sphere.

As for lusophone, they have influential cape verdians and its a chill vacation spot. Guinea is known for its resources. And mozmbiqueans are active in Lisbon.

And the Angola presidential dynasty is lowkey infamous in portugal for the corruption spending they do; almost similar to suadis in london

This dirty woman. Her funds still frozen?
:mjlol:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Rank them by elbows and Nigeria drops tremendously
giphy.gif

You not feeling them bleached elbows?
:mjlol:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

invalid

Banned
Daps
India is JUST starting to break through with international audiences...word to the new Dev Patel movie

its not easy it seems.

This is true.

I mean the only Chinese movies that broke through weren’t even from China but Singapore like Crazy Rich Asians.

Huh?

Hero
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
IP Man
House of Flying Daggers
Kung Fu Hustle
Fearless

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is true.

Huh?

Hero
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
IP Man
House of Flying Daggers
Kung Fu Hustle
Fearless
not movies from china. Those movies are culturally Chinese, but originate in Hollywood.

And you’re listing titles from Hong Kong or Taiwanese directors etc.

I think my point remains….theres very few CHINESE movies world wide. China doesn’t even export music like that.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Average person booking a flight to Africa doesn't have Somalia on their list.
If they want to talk about Somalians living in foreign countries making impact fine but the fact that they have to leave Somalia itself means the country shouldn't be near the top.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
hristianity is not a South African religion, and denominations wise is not like
Vodun comes from Benin though. Papa Legba
Legba, Eleggua carries over even into African American culture. Even influencing the blues.

That's like saying Afrobeats is repackaged R&B, Jazz, and funk. :pachaha:

The Ewe people in Benin and Yoruba are more closely linked than Yoruba and most of the other tribes in Nigeria though, you could say they are basically same people like some of the peoples in Senegambia.