Ranking of African countries based on cultural influence. Do you agree?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
It's accurate. Maybe bump Ethiopia slightly higher cause of their influence on rastas and reggae

Also, in the west Ethiopian food is the only African type of cuisine that's commonly found. Nobody is really looking at Nigerian or egyptian restaurants in the greater society. Tho admittedly jolof as an individual food item has some awareness.
Why you lying?

nikkas in the East coast will eat fufu before they touch injera (outside of dc) don’t lie like that

MacNCheese

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What have Egypt and South Africa done to be on the same tier as Nigeria? I guess if you're counting things that happened thousands of years ago you could argue for Egypt but if you're doing that any country involved in the Atlantic Slave trade should automatically be at least in A. South Africa is much more of a world power than most African nations but I don't see any area where they're trendsetters or culture influencing. I'd move them down to B and put Ghana in A.

• Haha
Reactions: Ros

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
What have Egypt and South Africa done to be on the same tier as Nigeria? I guess if you're counting things that happened thousands of years ago you could argue for Egypt but if you're doing that any country involved in the Atlantic Slave trade should automatically be at least in A. South Africa is much more of a world power than most African nations but I don't see any area where they're trendsetters or culture influencing. I'd move them down to B and put Ghana in A.
Many of those African countries are new...created in the 1960s.

Egypt and Ethiopia can go back a thousand years depending on how you define country.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Feels like Egypt should be top tier and alone in that tier
They're only cultural contributions in the last 2000 years has been cotton sheets. They lucky to still be considered S tier imo.
I'd rank Nigeria over Egypt today easily. Nobody outside the film industry is riding any Egypt waves

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My family was treated extremely well in Egypt, and i enjoyed my time there both in the south and north/Cairo. Forever a top 3 country I’ve visited

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
South Africa is an economic power house

African giants: The 10 largest economies on the continent

temp-Imagen-Fni-Ay.avif

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
they’ve got a huge diaspora in US/Europe and have unfortunately an infamous history and influence as warlords and pirates and overall violence

Compared to nations without the diaspora or infamy….its hard not to rate Somalia as outright popular, if not for the wrong reasons

I know. I live in Sweden and somalis are the biggest african group here. I think Eritrea (my home country) is after.

Im still not sure those things would qualify as influence imo.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
It's accurate. Maybe bump Ethiopia slightly higher cause of their influence on rastas and reggae

Also, in the west Ethiopian food is the only African type of cuisine that's commonly found. Nobody is really looking at Nigerian or egyptian restaurants in the greater society. Tho admittedly jolof as an individual food item has some awareness.

lol @ rastas and reggae... I believe Christianity was founded, or somewhat originated in Ethiopia (i could be slightly off)