Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

he dont sound high as fukk here :ehh: @42 Monks

I knew he turned down therapy :francis: but in typical young dude fashion he's still not putting two and two together. He had no idea how crazy he looked for weeks on end. In just about any field, when your employer recommends you attend therapy and you turn it down - expect to be let go shortly afterwards.

Him trying to explain to Mitch he had trade value too is just :dead:

I hope he gets himself to good spot no matter what he ends up doing. Good kid fr

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Still haven't checked out a whole episode but I be dying every time I see a clip of this nikka :dead: Giannis all animated and he sitting there with the :beli:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Warriors 1-4 since Draymond got kicked out.

They were 5-2 in the games Draymond finished.

Not saying that's related, I'm sure it's just random correlation. :unimpressed:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Just saw Bridges gushing over LaMelo. "He's not just a star anymore, he's a superstar" after he went 13-31 in the course of barely winning a home game against the Wizards.

LaMelo is skilled, but he remains everything his detractors thought he would be. Lots of threes and pretty passes but his decision-making is still poor and he doesn't play defense for shyt. His impact-to-popularity ratio is low as hell.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw Bridges gushing over LaMelo. "He's not just a star anymore, he's a superstar" after he went 13-31 in the course of barely winning a home game against the Wizards.

LaMelo is skilled, but he remains everything his detractors thought he would be. Lots of threes and pretty passes but his decision-making is still poor and he doesn't play defense for shyt. His impact-to-popularity ratio is low as hell.
All of this is true but what Bridges said is also true. LaMelo putting up borderline Luka raw numbers and Luka is not a winner so far either.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All of this is true but what Bridges said is also true. LaMelo putting up borderline Luka raw numbers and Luka is not a winner so far either.

Luka just made a WCF, so comparing him to a bottom-dweller is pretty unfair.

And it's 2023, who cares about "raw numbers"? Yes, he's averaging 26-6-9 with bad shooting and horrible defense on a terrible team. He gets half his points from spamming threes against teams that can't be bothered to even play hard defense against the fukking Hornets.

Just looking at their opponent yesterday, Kuzma is averaging 24-6-4 and Poole averaged 20-3-5 last year. Am I supposed to consider them great basketball players too?

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And it's 2023, who cares about "raw numbers"? Yes, he's averaging 26-6-9 with bad shooting and horrible defense on a terrible team. He gets half his points from spamming threes against teams that can't be bothered to even play hard defense against the fukking Hornets.

Just looking at their opponent yesterday, Kuzma is averaging 24-6-4 and Poole averaged 20-3-5 last year. Am I supposed to consider them great basketball players too?

Melo is inefficient, carries a lot, and takes some pretty horrible 3s but I don’t think you can deny his impact on the game. He really is a force on offense with special floor vision, passing, finishing abilities.

I wouldn’t call him a superstar like Luka but he’s not far from it. His maturity both on and off of the floor will be what holds him back.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think you meant to say Luka JUST missed not only the playoffs but even the play-in with Kyrie Irving as a 2nd option :usure:

Again, I'm not disagreeing with your characterization of Melo but truthfully, you can say that whole paragraph about Luka too, maybe he has slighlty better percentages but who cares.

And Damian Lillard has made a WCF too but he's never done sh*t as a first option either yet made the top 75 list.

I think we can cut LaMelo some slack on the superstar label.