Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I get what your saying, i'm just pointing out that for sure this DAL team is better than their previous iterations... but this Clippers team is also better than the 2020 and 2021 LAC teams that DAL faced. I think Kawhi and Luka will both go crazy and cancel each other out like the last 2 meetings, but then i'm lookin at what happens with the rest of both rosters.

The version of LAC we saw from Dec-Feb, i've give the advantage to.. but we haven't seen that version since Feb, so... idk

The Clippers are to Luka what the Pistons were to Jordan.

They not only beat him multiple times but they bully him as well. Every year he’s been coming back better. And now hes better than he ever was. He’s gonna be frothing at the mouth to take down the Clips.

It took Kawhi ramping up to his maximum level to overcome Luka and the Mavs last time. Now he’s 3 years older and coming off injury facing a better version of Luka and a better version of the Mavs.

I don’t see a way for the Clippers to win this series.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Everyone else got better and they didn't. It also doesn't help that they don't seem to have another gear to play above average defense.
It's Sabonis. His lack of rim protection puts a hard cap on how good a team they can be. They need to pair him with a defensive PF/C but the problem is one of the two need to shoot threes. I'd have Sabonis shoot threes all day in the offseason and make it a bigger part of his repertoire.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's Sabonis. His lack of rim protection puts a hard cap on how good a team they can be. They need to pair him with a defensive PF/C but the problem is one of the two need to shoot threes. I'd have Sabonis shoot threes all day in the offseason and make it a bigger part of his repertoire.
Indy already tried that with him and Turner and we saw how it played out. It would help if he could up his offense to an elite level to help mask his lack of rim protection in the case of someone like Jokic.

It would also help if everyone else on that team got better on defense as well as being middle of the pack and below average isn't going to cut it especially when their offense isn't as potent as it was last season.

Elite teams are typically in the top half of both categories.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Indy already tried that with him and Turner and we saw how it played out. It would help if he could up his offense to an elite level to help mask his lack of rim protection in the case of someone like Jokic.
Turner and Sabonis both are C's, Sabonis can't guard 4s so they need the guy to be able to switch on to both, defend the rim and shoot threes not to clog the lane for the guards.

Basically - they need to clone Jaren Jackson Jr and make him a King.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Turner and Sabonis both are C's, Sabonis can't guard 4s so they need the guy to be able to switch on to both, defend the rim and shoot threes not to clog the lane for the guards.

Basically - they need to clone Jaren Jackson Jr and make him a King.
Either that or Sabonis is going to have to become elite offensively and neither is looking like it’s going to happen.

They do have their picks for the most part that they could use to help solve the problem, but it’d still be the issue of neither Fox nor Sabonis being #1’s on championship teams IMO.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Either that or Sabonis is going to have to become elite offensively and neither is looking like it’s going to happen.

They do have their picks for the most part that they could use to help solve the problem, but it’d still be the issue of neither Fox nor Sabonis being #1’s on championship teams IMO.
they could get by with a healthy jonathan isaac or brandon clarke type possibly

but sabonis tucking his chain in when sets get tight is going to be a hill sac may never climb. he doesn't need to be a jokic offensively, but even fat diaw was more reliable in the high post than sabonis has been

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
they could get by with a healthy jonathan isaac or brandon clarke type possibly

but sabonis tucking his chain in when sets get tight is going to be a hill sac may never climb. he doesn't need to be a jokic offensively, but even fat diaw was more reliable in the high post than sabonis has been
I look at this year as a show and prove type year for Sabonis. Last year he had the injury excuse. If he go out like a punk in the play-in game he about to get stuck with that soft label permanently.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I look at this year as a show and prove type year for Sabonis. Last year he had the injury excuse. If he go out like a punk in the play-in game he about to get stuck with that soft label permanently.
sabonis, barnes, murray, and huerter curling up again could legit lead to fox asking out. those guys not stepping up is why he isn't immediately recognized as a premier pg in the league.

and with nba awards being tied to money, fox wouldn't be wrong for it

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You don’t think they’re the underdog?
Suns 3-0 against the TWolves this year and all games were blowouts
I've been calling the Suns frauds the entire season but this is the one matchup they got lucky on

Also if the Lakers fall to the 8 seed, they're gonna beat the Thunder. Thunder aren't built to beat a team like the Lakers in the playoffs. Too small

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Suns 3-0 against the TWolves this year and all games were blowouts
I've been calling the Suns frauds the entire season but this is the one matchup they got lucky on

Also if the Lakers fall to the 8 seed, they're gonna beat the Thunder. Thunder aren't built to beat a team like the Lakers in the playoffs. Too small
100%. OKC is weak where the Lakers are strong.

I still think the Lakers beat the Pels tomorrow though. LeBron wants that time off and not go to a winner take all game vs likely the Warriors

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If the Pistons rumors are true in wanting to go after John Horst, then Milwaukee should ask for assets in return for letting him go. Depending on how their postseason plays out, he might end up getting fired anyways.

Detroit should watch it though as Horst will have no issues mortgaging up assets at the expense of the future.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I haven't been paying much attention thru the regular season but see playoffs are starting and see that things look to have been crazy this season. I see Heat in the play-in vs Sixers. Was expecting both to be better, especially Philly with Embiid. Top 3 seeds coincidentally are Celtics, Knicks, and Bucks, all who Heat beat in last years playoffs. Hopefully an underdog story hits again this season. Also crazy that Lakers and Warriors are in play-in themselves. Seems like some new teams are doing better this year like OKC, Magic, and recently the Kings as well. I can see the transition of the teams that were good few years back taking a step back to some new teams.