Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If embid or jimmy take Boston out in the first rd :mjlol:
“Jimmy” has never done shyt against Boston except get outplayed by Tatum in every Playoff matchup. Flukey shooting by scrubs like Martin and Vincent along with the Heat purposely injuring JT in Game 7 got them through the series last year

I don’t even need to get into Embiid lol

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Analysts like Barkley always talking this nonsense about how teams can't take their foot off the pedal then suddenly turn it up come playoff time.

Yes they absolutely CAN. Teams and players have always been known for coasting throughout regular season games, especially towards the end.......then flip the switch and step up their intensity in the postseason.

He acts as if the the players get some type of mental block that they can't shake off. He talks out of his ass a lot.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Analysts like Barkley always talking this nonsense about how teams can't take their foot off the pedal then suddenly turn it up come playoff time.

Yes they absolutely CAN. Teams and players have always been known for coasting throughout regular season games, especially towards the end.......then flip the switch and step up their intensity in the postseason.

He acts as if the the players get some type of mental block that they can't shake off. He talks out of his ass a lot.
I agree with your point to a degree as we have seen there are some teams that absolutely coast during the season.

I disagree in that a lot of times that coasting excuse is used on teams that either haven't earned the right to coast or just flat out underachieved so people try and give them an excuse for not being further along.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Jimmy” has never done shyt against Boston except get outplayed by Tatum in every Playoff matchup. Flukey shooting by scrubs like Martin and Vincent along with the Heat purposely injuring JT in Game 7 got them through the series last year

I don’t even need to get into Embiid lol

Heat scrubs couldn’t miss against the Celtics, then against Denver couldn’t hit an open shot if theirs and their mamas lives were on the line :dead:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Heat scrubs couldn’t miss against the Celtics, then against Denver couldn’t hit an open shot if theirs and their mamas lives were on the line :dead:
Yeah dudes are forgetting that Miami run from last year was largely fueled by them shooting an insane percentage on contested threes and got washed by Denver when they got called. I highly doubt they'll be able to replace that again this postseason.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah dudes are forgetting that Miami run from last year was largely fueled by them shooting an insane percentage on contested threes and got washed by Denver when they got called. I highly doubt they'll be able to replace that again this postseason.

I’d like to say the same but Spo always got some shyt cooking

Fully expecting Terry Rozier to average 30 or something

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’d like to say the same but Spo always got some shyt cooking

Fully expecting Terry Rozier to average 30 or something
At one point last postseason, they were shooting something like 58% against contested threes. I don't think they can replicate that again, so it would have to be some different method to pull off.

It would essentially be asking the guys that are still there to pull off what was done last season.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year

Yea he talking 90s pre superteam era stuff.

In a league where 3 super stars are on the same squad, they absolutely can turn it on for the playoffs. All they have to do is keep the score close. Then it's just iso and the superteam who will have 2-3 guys who can create their own shots and make big buckets 9 times out of 10 are going to beat the great regular season "teams" that have 1 superstar and a supporting cast.