Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Embiiid fans making up bullshyt. They're only putting this much emphasize on the MVP because they know Philly is no chance of winning the title.

:lolbron:

Harden aint looked this quick and polished since Houston. His volume just way down since he sharin the rock with Embiid and Maxey. Philly got a way better shot than Denver than doin anythin in the yoffs specially with that sus defense anchored by that flab that cant move his feet :yeshrug:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Winning does matter

Denver has the better record

3phRyvr.png

mg2sQwv.png

EBBiUynUYAAT0Sc.jpg

Daps
It depends on what you call taking heat. To me there is a difference between hating and saying shyt like he can never be the best player on a championship team or that he's a loser versus hitting him with legit criticism.

With Giannis they pointed out that it was too easy for teams to take the Celtics and Heat approach of throwing bodies in the paint to wall it off and force him to shoot jumpers. He worked on his outside game and added to his back to the basket game and eventually won.

If people point out that teams target Jokic on D and that he needs to fix it I think that is a justifiable criticism. He's not to blame and his greatness is why the Nuggets are even competitive. At the same time his defense last year did play a factor in the team leading and nothing wrong with pointing that out.

EVERY superstar has gone through that but for some reason only Jokic fans cry about it.
There's a difference between saying Jokic's defense (or lack thereof) played a factor, and saying it was the main cause (which has been one of the main talking points around his play). There's a reason why there's this dominant narrative about his defense, and less talking about the flaws of the Nuggets, as a whole. Especially since folks like you would rather talk about his limitations on one end, but not his play on the other in relative measure. When you're bringing up bullshyt like bu-bu-but why isn't Jokic getting criticized like Boogie did, that becomes less about having a valid criticism and more about hate for the sake of. Nobody has ever cried about Jokic's limitations being discussed, it's the fact they're overrexaggerrated because of an agenda.

And like I told you, ain't nothing wrong with hating a player, but just be honest about it. Don't cover it up with bullshyt.

Daps
If the Nuggets game was on ESPN i think youd get a shift of narratives...he was getting cooked on every PnR and switch...
The whole team was getting cooked.

He had a game-high 36 points on 22 field goals, now tell me how many of them were because of Jokic?

This is the problem that I keep on reiterating, is that y'all keep on centering Denver's struggles on defense around Jokic when the whole damn team is at fault. When comparing them against other playoff teams, they're considerably weak, almost all over. Even if Jokic was prime Mutumbo, they'd still struggle on that end.