Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Nah not when the 2014-15 Hawks exist. Everybody knew they were food for Lebron. There is no team the Nuggets would be big underdogs against minus maybe a fully healthy Suns.
They remind me of that Hawks team, even though Jokic is miles better than anyone on that Atlanta squad. Beyond Jokic, Denver is a bunch of JAGs.

They don't have another top-30 player on the team.

Daps
They remind me of that Hawks team, even though Jokic is miles better than anyone on that Atlanta squad. Beyond Jokic, Denver is a bunch of JAGs.

It won't stop folks for blaming it all on Jokic when they inevitably bow out of the playoffs though.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Agreed. Jokic's weaknesses on D can be schemed around but you need solid ass D from the rest of the players. MPJ is the main one that scares me. He just doesn't provide enough offensive bang to make up for his below average D. I think the main path to success for them in the playoffs is for Murray to really go off. That would let Jokic save some offensive energy since we know he'll be put into a lot of defensive actions as teams try to wear him down. Can't have him carrying too much of an offensive load.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Agreed. Jokic's weaknesses on D can be schemed around but you need solid ass D from the rest of the players. MPJ is the main one that scares me. He just doesn't provide enough offensive bang to make up for his below average D. I think the main path to success for them in the playoffs is for Murray to really go off. That would let Jokic save some offensive energy since we know he'll be put into a lot of defensive actions as teams try to wear him down. Can't have him carrying too much of an offensive load.
Does Murray still have that in him though? Seems like he’s not able to go off like he used to

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nuggets with 4 straight losses
Bad skid down the stretch
Jamal Murray looking like the Canadian Sabo out there holy fukk

Jokic needs to start taking these games into his own hands. Yeah yeah team basketball and all that he's capable of dropping 40 against a team like the Raptors and they really need to lean into that

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Jokic gonna catch heat from the media when they inevitably flame out, which is hilarious because I bet if you polled 10 people who weren't Nuggets fans probably 9 of them wouldn't even have them making the Finals much less winning the whole thing.

The heat is gonna come whether warranted or not, they did the same thing to Giannis.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps

These clowns are so fukking pathetic lmaoooooo :umad:

Embiid is in the lead fukk what they talkin bout :wow:

46-22 record for Denver
45-22 record for Philly

Like I BEEN said that matchup they got later this month could decide it...

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Jokic gonna catch heat from the media when they inevitably flame out, which is hilarious because I bet if you polled 10 people who weren't Nuggets fans probably 9 of them wouldn't even have them making the Finals much less winning the whole thing.

The heat is gonna come whether warranted or not, they did the same thing to Giannis.
It depends on what you call taking heat. To me there is a difference between hating and saying shyt like he can never be the best player on a championship team or that he's a loser versus hitting him with legit criticism.

With Giannis they pointed out that it was too easy for teams to take the Celtics and Heat approach of throwing bodies in the paint to wall it off and force him to shoot jumpers. He worked on his outside game and added to his back to the basket game and eventually won.

If people point out that teams target Jokic on D and that he needs to fix it I think that is a justifiable criticism. He's not to blame and his greatness is why the Nuggets are even competitive. At the same time his defense last year did play a factor in the team leading and nothing wrong with pointing that out.

EVERY superstar has gone through that but for some reason only Jokic fans cry about it.