Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was great in the role they had him in playing next to Garland. It was noticeable for a few games that he was gone, but they got adjusted. They’re still screwed if Garland goes down with injury as they don’t have the guard or playmaking depth to overcome it and those bigs that people are hyping up are neutralized on offense without someone getting them the ball.

No. He was adequate as a backup point guard. His injury can't ruin shyt, because he's a half a bum and always has been. He's a guard who can't hit an open shot and can't finish at the rim. Even if Bricky Rubio was 100% healthy, if Garland goes down they'd still be fukked. There's nothing profound about that notion.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No. He was adequate as a backup point guard. His injury can't ruin shyt, because he's a half a bum and always has been. He's a guard who can't hit an open shot and can't finish at the rim. Even if Bricky Rubio was 100% healthy, if Garland goes down they'd still be fukked. There's nothing profound about that notion.

You didn't need him to hit shots or be lead guard. You needed him to be a secondary playmaker and soak up minutes from Garland whose injury prone thus far in his career. That's what he was and he was doing what was asked of him. You can tell a lot of people are just now paying attention to Cleveland and didn't realize how thin they've been at the guard position all season long.

Let's not sit here and pretend like having a backups that can help soak up minutes from starters and keep them fresh doesn't matter in this league especially with how injury prone a lot of these players are. I've said the same exact thing with the Lakers getting a decent backup for AD and I'll say again in this particular instance.

Even Phoenix needs one with CP3 because of his age and injury history to keep him some semblance of healthy until playoff time.

Last edited:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finals MVP, 2x MVP, DPOY... He can honestly do whatever he wants the rest of his career :mjlol:

The comparison is fantastic. One guy is having another MVP caliber year after winning a championship with an all time legendary playoff Finals performance. The other is a disgruntled mercenary having a relatively mediocre year, sitting on the sideline last night in an ugly yellow hooded coat with a durag on and his vagabond beard.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You didn't need him to hit shots or be lead guard. You needed him to be a secondary playmaker and soak up minutes from Garland whose injury prone thus far in his career. That's what he was and he was doing what was asked of him. You can tell a lot of people are just now paying attention to Cleveland and didn't realize how thin they've been at the guard position all season long.

Let's not sit here and pretend like having a backups that can help soak up minutes from starters and keep them fresh doesn't matter in this league especially with how injury prone a lot of these players are.

Why'd you bother to reply to me if all you were going to do was keep describing what a backup point guard does? And why do so many of you lean on this tired ass assertion of "you obviously haven't watched a lot of games" as if it's even remotely interesting or true?

You know what's worse than not watching the games? Watching the games and still not understanding them. Because if you watched Ricky Rubio - a career loser who has never learned to shoot and, despite his ability to pass compromises the offense by allowing defenders to ignore him as a scoring threat - and thought his injury was going to ruin the Cavs season, then you don't understand basketball. Period. That's what's being discussed here, not whether Rubio's job was to be a facilitator. He wasn't - as has been asserted - the reason the Cavs started winning games this season. He wasn't - as has been asserted -the glue that held them together. He's just the same player he has ever been, and one Regular Bum don't stop no show.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Why'd you bother to reply to me if all you were going to do was keep describing what a backup point guard does? And why do so many of you lean on this tired ass assertion of "you obviously haven't watched a lot of games" as if it's even remotely interesting or true?

You know what's worse than not watching the games? Watching the games and still not understanding them. Because if you watched Ricky Rubio - a career loser who has never learned to shoot and, despite his ability to pass compromises the offense by allowing defenders to ignore him as a scoring threat - and thought his injury was going to ruin the Cavs season, then you don't understand basketball. Period. That's what's being discussed here, not whether Rubio's job was to be a facilitator. He wasn't - as has been asserted - the reason the Cavs started winning games this season. He wasn't - as has been asserted -the glue that held them together. He's just the same player he has ever been, and one Regular bum don't stop no show.

The league is chalked full of career losers that never learned to shoot, so come up with a better rebuttal than that:mjlol:

It's all about maximizing what you do best and playing the role that's asked of you.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't really compare the two.. But dis guy is a beast physically while Harden is the stay puff marshmallow dude:dame:

I’m speaking more to the professionalism. I don’t want to sound militant, but ain’t no ADOS brother conducting a press conference with a bucket of fried chicken sitting on the table and eating it while speaking. Regardless of his accolades

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The league is chalked full of career losers that never learned to shoot, so come up with a better rebuttal than that:mjlol:

It's all about maximizing what you do best and playing the role that's asked of you.

There is no rebuttal needed; I'm not arguing against anything you said. I'm just calling you a retard who doesn't understand what he's responding to, and just wants to talk pointlessly.

Let me hold your hand (no homo) and walk you through the discussion like the special needs kid you are.

Many people (including people in this thread): "Rubio's injury has effectively ended the Cavs season."

People who are sane: "He wasn't that important a piece, he's replaceable, they were winning because of their strategy of exploiting length and height, and because they have a couple future stars."

Many people who are possibly suffering from brain injuries: "Clearly you don't watch the Cavs, Rubio was the reason for ______"

A month later: *Cavs surge to 1.5 games out of first in the East*

People who are sane: "They seem to not have had their season ruined by guy who can't shoot and is a career non-factor for winning teams' success getting injured"

Retard: "yippity doo skippy dee facilitator yabba yar rebbutal :mjlol:"

Go play a six-guess-round of Wordle or something. You're getting thrown on the ignore list ASAP. The thought of seeing more of your tedious drivel is awful.

And it's chock-full not "chalked full" you dimwit.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I’m speaking more to the professionalism. I don’t want to sound militant, but ain’t no ADOS brother conducting a press conference with a bucket of fried chicken sitting on the table and eating it while speaking. Regardless of his accolades
Thinking back to that story about him eating oreo cookies every day, it seems like Giannis eats like shyt even tho he's in tip top shape. If this is a fact he'll have to change his diet once he hits 30 and up

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Read too deeply into shyt brehs

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There is no rebuttal needed; I'm not arguing against anything you said. I'm just calling you a retard who doesn't understand what he's responding to, and just wants to talk pointlessly.

Let me hold your hand (no homo) and walk you through the discussion like the special needs kid you are.

Many people (including people in this thread): "Rubio's injury has effectively ended the Cavs season."

People who are sane: "He wasn't that important a piece, he's replaceable, they were winning because of their strategy of exploiting length and height, and because they have a couple future stars."

Many people who are possibly suffering from brain injuries: "Clearly you don't watch the Cavs, Rubio was the reason for ______"

A month later: *Cavs surge to 1.5 games out of first in the East*

People who are sane: "They seem to not have had their season ruined by guy who can't shoot and is a career non-factor for winning teams' success getting injured"

Retard: "yippity doo skippy dee facilitator yabba yar rebbutal :mjlol:"

Go play a six-guess-round of Wordle or something. You're getting thrown on the ignore list ASAP. The thought of seeing more of your tedious drivel is awful.

And it's chock-full not "chalked full" you dimwit.

Who said that the Ricky Rubio injury would ruin their season :mjlol:

What I said was that they slipped a bit for a few games after the injury until they got adjusted to playing without him. The numbers said it. I got it from probasketballtalk, so if you have a problem with that specific comment then take it up with those writers and not me.

That still doesn't change the fact that they need depth at guard position and another playmaker as Rondo as your backup PG at his age and point in his career isn't going to cut it.

Edit: Here's the article for you, so you can quit whining about it.

NBA Power Rankings: Suns on top but heat climbing fast