Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Evan Mobley is rookie of the year

Darius Garland made a big jump

Jarrett Allen is playing at All Star level

Kevin Love giving you efficiency off the bench

Cavs when healthy playing three 7 footers at the same time with Markannen, Mobley and Allen.

Grizzlies are just doggin nikkas. Ja took that leap, and their roster just hit everyone playing their role

Honestly you could make a real case for Love as 6MOY. Herro will most likely win but he not very efficient 21 points but he taking 18 shots a game. Love just a better overall player IMO.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think everybody already knew what was gonna happen with Thibs and this Knicks roster when he first joined. It was just a matter of whether they could acquire major talent before the eventual regression to the mean occurred.

We know Thibs can temporarily floor raise/overachieve a mid-talent team... but I think the NBA’s overall “floor” for mid-talent has raised above what the Knicks have. Meaning, of the 15 East teams, they may be bottom 5 in on-paper talent.

Daps
Because I see the potential in this team, but they're not clicking on all cylinders.Regular season records don't really mean shyt.Nothing but truth about Booker.Thicken your skin, breh.
To be honest, I don't think the Suns have another gear.

While they'll certainly be better off with the experience of that Finals run last season, this is about as good as they'll get. Booker's size in combination with the volatility that comes with his shot selection, doesn't give him much more room for improvement; CP3 isn't getting any younger; Ayton has been in and out of the lineup so many times that the team is still maintaining the same level of success without him; none of the other role players are or project to be reliable offensive options.

They'll be reliant on keeping the pace they're now at, and hope that nobody out West hits a purple patch when the postseason rolls around.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
43 and 12 on 57%:russell:
Yeah he was 8/11 in the 1st Q & then came volume scoring Booker ball.Goes beyond one game, really.I've seen the same pattern since 2017.Yeah the stat sheet looks pretty, but in a vacuum, when it comes to situational basketball, Book could be better.Games have an ebb & flow.Booker plays outside of the collective at times.He puts up numbers, but it stagnated the team.We're lucky to have CP3 there to pick up the slack in the 4th.UnfortunateIy (Play unfortunately because of his age) CP3 is the closer on this team.No need to be message board adversaries.We're fans of the squad.I'm just more critical.This team has brought me too much heartache over the last two decade +.If Book can win us a title gunning, I'll shut the fukk up.For life.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest, I don't think the Suns have another gear.

While they'll certainly be better off with the experience of that Finals run last season, this is about as good as they'll get. Booker's size in combination with the volatility that comes with his shot selection, doesn't give him much more room for improvement; CP3 isn't getting any younger; Ayton has been in and out of the lineup so many times that the team is still maintaining the same level of success without him; none of the other role players are or project to be reliable offensive options.

They'll be reliant on keeping the pace they're now at, and hope that nobody out West hits a purple patch when the postseason rolls around.
You see it! Not shocked, tho.You're one of the brightest B Ball minds on here.I agree with everything you wrote.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Really amazing the Cavs have been surging. I was told when career first team Regular Bum ricky rubio got injured they were going to fall apart because he was a key to their success.
:mjpls:

He was great in the role they had him in playing next to Garland. It was noticeable for a few games that he was gone, but they got adjusted. They’re still screwed if Garland goes down with injury as they don’t have the guard or playmaking depth to overcome it and those bigs that people are hyping up are neutralized on offense without someone getting them the ball.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Evan Mobley is rookie of the year

Darius Garland made a big jump

Jarrett Allen is playing at All Star level

Kevin Love giving you efficiency off the bench

Cavs when healthy playing three 7 footers at the same time with Markannen, Mobley and Allen.

Grizzlies are just doggin nikkas. Ja took that leap, and their roster just hit everyone playing their role

He's been healthy for the first time in his NBA career, which is working wonders for his leap and development. The talent was always there. He just couldn't stay on the floor.

Daps
Yeah he was 8/11 in the 1st Q & then came volume scoring Booker ball.Goes beyond one game, really.I've seen the same pattern since 2017.Yeah the stat sheet looks pretty, but in a vacuum, when it comes to situational basketball, Book could be better.Games have an ebb & flow.Booker plays outside of the collective at times.He puts up numbers, but it stagnated the team.We're lucky to have CP3 there to pick up the slack in the 4th.UnfortunateIy (Play unfortunately because of his age) CP3 is the closer on this team.No need to be message board adversaries.We're fans of the squad.I'm just more critical.This team has brought me too much heartache over the last two decade +.If Book can win us a title gunning, I'll shut the fukk up.For life.
For the Suns to take the next leap, they need Ayton to be that guy.

Problem is, as you know, they have no intention of featuring him more and he doesn't have the disposition to demand that for himself. But what's bizarre to me is, they're perimeter-orientated team and yet they're only 25th in 3s attempted. If you're going to be a low-volume three-point shooting team in today's game, you need to balance that out with a dominant inside game, which the Suns don't have. It's why in the two out of three meetings with the Warriors this season, despite the size advantage they had, they didn't utilize it nearly enough, and ended up being eaten alive and had their bones spat out by Golden State's three-point shooting: 43% on 38 attempts per game from behind the arc, whereas Phoenix only shot 36% on 26 attempts per game from behind the arc.

You're not going to beat the Warriors - let alone win a championship -- shooting low-volume threes on top of not dominating down low. You need to be proficient in one or the other, or ideally, both.

Last edited:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Honestly you could make a real case for Love as 6MOY. Herro will most likely win but he not very efficient 21 points but he taking 18 shots a game. Love just a better overall player IMO.
:comeon:

Just give Love his props and keep Herro out of it. Herro had some wins with guys you never heard of apart from Lowry when Bam and Jimmy were out.