Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjgrin: I hope this rumor picks up steam. There’s nothing funnier than Knicks fans getting their hopes up about acquiring a superstar only for them to strike out and end up with a Julius Randle level player as their big offseason acquisition.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Love was merely tagging along during the first third of the season given his future in Cleveland was up in the air; he wasn't even a constant fixture in their offense at the start of the season.[/B] He's really only come to life over the last 5-6 weeks, and that's because the Cavs look like they're building something worth fighting for. If they were a lottery team, you wouldn't even be bringing him up, as he'd likely still be detached from the group. Whereas Herro has essentially been the #2 option for the Heat up to this point, averaging 33 minutes per game (basically starter's minutes). They've been reliant on him being a main option with Butler missing multiple games and Bam only playing 50% of the season.

:jbhmm:Love has been cooking all season breh

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t even imagine the panic he had :wow:

IT WAS THE start of the fourth quarter and the Boomers, the Australian Olympic men's basketball team, were in a tight game against Italy in an important group stage match. The Aussies had inched ahead and a finishing kick would guarantee advancement to the medal round. Coach Brian Goorjian peered down the bench, looking to put his rugged center into the game.

The Aussie had been playing well; he had 14 points in 14 minutes and nailed a couple of 3-pointers, which had become the big man's specialty. Now, he was needed on the inside to battle fellow NBA players Nicolo Melli and Danilo Gallinari. But he was nowhere to be found.

Where was Aron Baynes?

It was a long way to the bathroom in the Saitama Super Arena outside Tokyo, and Baynes had gone to use it between the third and fourth quarters. He had to go diagonally across the court, down a hallway and a flight of stairs. It still didn't make sense. Baynes had left running so as not to miss the start of the final frame.

Concerned, one of the staff members went to look for him, tracing Baynes' steps. As he did, the staffer found him. In the locker room on a tile floor near the bathroom, the 6-foot-10 Baynes was sprawled on the floor, blood on his uniform and on the floor from two deep, inexplicable puncture wounds in his upper arm.

The team doctor was summoned. Then paramedics. Still on the floor, Baynes was groggy and couldn't get himself up. He remembered running around a corner to head toward the bathrooms.

Then, nothing.

An investigation was launched. There were two hooks on the wall for towels that looked like they could've caused the cuts. Maybe Baynes had hit his head on the ground. As the team of medical officials got him onto a stretcher, he was texting photos of his wounds to his agent in New York and keeping an eye on the end of the game, which the Boomers had eked out by three points.

He still had not used the bathroom and needed to go, so he got up off the stretcher.

He immediately fell to the floor.

In the confusion of the moment, no one had realized that Baynes had lost his ability to walk. Or that he was headed for a nightmare that would derail his basketball career and leave him isolated in a Japanese hospital, weeping in pain day after day, with the possibility that he might be paralyzed.

"The loneliest time in my life was laying in that hospital, going in and out of consciousness, going over my life plan and my goals and just crying," Baynes says, speaking about the ordeal for the first time.

"My uncle Don had an accident 10 years ago. He's a quadriplegic," he says. "My family's had first-hand experience with this going down. I was so scared."

The mysterious fall and harrowing story of an NBA center

Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the Suns to take the next leap, they need Ayton to be that guy.

Problem is, as you know, they have no intention of featuring him more and he doesn't have the disposition to demand that for himself. But what's bizarre to me is, they're perimeter-orientated team and yet they're only 25th in 3s attempted. If you're going to be a low-volume three-point shooting team in today's game, you need to balance that out with a dominant inside game, which the Suns don't have. It's why in the two out of three meetings with the Warriors this season, despite the size advantage they had, they didn't utilize it nearly enough, and ended up being eaten alive and had their bones spat out by Golden State's three-point shooting: 43% on 38 attempts per game from behind the arc, whereas Phoenix only shot 36% on 26 attempts per game from behind the arc.

You're not going to beat the Warriors - let alone win a championship -- shooting low-volume threes on top of not dominating down low. You need to be proficient in one or the other, or ideally, both.
It's too bad Ayton's content with just being a role player.I don't think he wants the pressure of being the man.I'm expecting him to dog it once he gets paid.The Suns should be going all out to stack the team right now.Once CP3 starts playing like he's 40, the window shuts.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's too bad Ayton's content with just being a role player.I don't think he wants the pressure of being the man.I'm expecting him to dog it once he gets paid.The Suns should be going all out to stack the team right now.Once CP3 starts playing like he's 40, the window shuts.
I really think Ayton is one of the most gifted young bigs in the game right now. The fact that he puts up the numbers he does and impacts the game like that without giving a single fukk is wild.

Even Bynum showed more consistent involvement in the game than Ayton does

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really think Ayton is one of the most gifted young bigs in the game right now. The fact that he puts up the numbers he does and impacts the game like that without giving a single fukk is wild.

Even Bynum showed consistent involvement in the game than Ayton does
That's why he's the most frustrating Suns player I've ever watched.I always said he could put up 15 & 10 in his sleep.Hall of Fame measurements, but you might not get anything more than Clint Capela.