Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think that's less to do with Hanlen and more to do with who Tatum is. He's never going to be that player that can just take anyone off-the-dribble, he just doesn't have the natural speed, which fuels his tendency to settle for shots outside the paint because driving to the basket isn't an option. He's even professed his love for the midrange, so that's always going to be a part of his DNA.

Just look at how much Zach has developed under Hanlen. He's one of the best shot creators in the league now.
I know he’s not really quick but that’s no excuse when you have Luka consistently getting by people. Tatum doesn’t work on it and it’s clear. I know he’s a jump shooter at heart, but the shots he takes are only consistent when you’re shooting them over a 5’8 guy in an empty gym. It just doesn’t translate.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I know he’s not really quick but that’s no excuse when you have Luka consistently getting by people. Tatum doesn’t work on it and it’s clear. I know he’s a jump shooter at heart, but the shots he takes are only consistent when you’re shooting them over a 5’8 guy in an empty gym. It just doesn’t translate.

In the NBA, you need guys who can ISO long jumpers at the end of the shot clock, to space the floor and serve as a threat

ISO jump shooters generally shoot a lower %...guys only look at #s, they don't understand how a guy that's a threat always has the be accounted for

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

So the 1 quarter that Ayton actually got touches and Monty didn't think it fit the identity of the team :patrice:.

Ayton will probably be moved within the next few years. Paying everyone except your #1 pick is a red flag. Ayton wants max and the Suns just want a hustle center that rolls to the rim in this system.

I noticed that Ayton gave less effort after they stopped looking for him in the 1st quarter of the Nuggets game. I don't think Ayton will buy into the "sacrifice" talk anymore after they didn't pay him.

Ayton currently is making $12 million this year. He has made $40 million so far in his career

looking at this post you would think he’s making 40,000.

Just a silly narrative

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Just caught the Hornet’s highlight and I think they are a fringe playoff team this year. They got pieces that just got to stay healthy