Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
At this point I’m pretty convinced that James Harden is the best player out of the OKC big 3. This probably isn't a popular take but his shytty theatrics, flopping & lack of defense aside, I think Harden elevates a teams offense in ways that Durant or RWB can't.

What it comes down to with Harden is that people don't like how his game looks aesthetically and how cheap it is that he's constantly looking for fouls. I didn't like all that flopping shyt either but honestly he has a case for being one of the best regular season offensive players of all time.

When you consider the volume of his production, the efficiency and the load he can absorb. You can basically be an elite offense by just giving Harden the ball and have him take all the decisions, even WITHOUT another star next to him. NBA.com currently has the Rockets at 2nd most efficient offense in the league right now at 112.5 per 100 possessions and he's the biggest reason why. Harden has now scored or assisted on 489 points in the Rockets last 8 games. In other words he's SINGLEHANDEDLY generating 60 points per game for his team. This isn't a new phenomenon or a hot streak either, he's been generating about 55+ points per game for his teams for the past 3 SEASONS. Pick out your favorite player from the last 20-30 years, more often than not they’re not generating 55+ points per game for their team over a 3-4 year span.

I'd like to add that at some point we need to acknowledge that a large part of why Harden fades in the playoffs has to do with his insane regular season workload. The Rockets offense is essentially Harden ISOs and spread PNR all game and he's been at the top of leaderboards for both USG Rate and minutes the past 5 seasons. Harden's playoff woes have a lot to do with how is minutes are managed as well as the construction of both his roster and team's offense.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
lol but he does have a point, people made their minds up and they didnt even get his side.:yeshrug:

When did he ever offer up his side? All we ever heard from him was "I'm rehabbing... sure I want to finish my career as a spur." Can't complain about the media twisting facts when you're not putting them out there.

Credit to Stephen Jackson for at least providing insight as to why HE and the Spurs had a falling out years ago.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Might go down as the 2nd woat nba trade in history to what the raptors got for Vince carter

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
When did he ever offer up his side? All we ever heard from him was "I'm rehabbing... sure I want to finish my career as a spur." Can't complain about the media twisting facts when you're not putting them out there.

Credit to Stephen Jackson for at least providing insight as to why HE and the Spurs had a falling out years ago.

Lol yup

lol but he does have a point, people made their minds up and they didnt even get his side.:yeshrug:

And who's fault do you think that is? :skip:

Been almost a year now and he hasnt cared to share his side of the story but he like "the media is skewing peoples opinions about what happened and the fans are going with that narrative"

Obviously he isnt going to come out saying it affected you but if you gonna call out the media on picking a particular narrative, but then not care to share your own side, despite given an open platform, and continues to keep your mouth shut, while the media continues to skew peoples minds, then what do you think people are gonna do? :pachaha:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Colin Cowherd strongly disagrees with Houston Rockets GM, Daryl Morey, who said James Harden is the best NBA offensive player of all time. Colin uses Kobe Bryant as the base in his argument against Harden.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
*DJ Clue Voice* New Woj (Woj)

this Philly situation isnt going to end well.

Bill Simmons made an interesting suggestion, Philly should propose trading Ben Simmons for Anthony Davis. Why would New Orleans turn that down?

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
*DJ Clue Voice* New Woj (Woj)

Bill Simmons made an interesting suggestion, Philly should propose trading Ben Simmons for Anthony Davis. Why would New Orleans turn that down?

We still posting Bill Simmons trade ideas in 2019? If you have to ask, then you know its a dumbass trade idea. New Orleans wouldn't even entertain the idea.