Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If all teams are healthy and playing to reasonable expectations, i'd lean towards
Raptors
Celtics
Bucks

I think there's something very special about that Toronto team; altho i think tor/bos will be one of those 6-7 game ECFs series with a couple games that go to OT. So if you're Boston, you possibly like your chances enough to stand pat and hope whatever internal stuff is going on works itself out. But if a package starting with Tatum + picks can get you AD, then idk..i guess it depends on what else they talkin bout including.

I don't think Bucks beat either of those teams unless some injuries or internal stuff festers

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
He cant swindle them,he has to come off tatum or he dont get AD its as simple as that,they dont get AD without including tatum cuz the rest of the package is not good enough to get it done...You cant swindle anybody when it comes to elite players of that magnitude...this aint draft picks...and i agree with the opinion youre gonna have to give up so much for AD youre actually weakening urself...
They’ve done it before

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
They’ve done it before

Kyrie situation was different because nobody knew how bad IT was hurt and everybody knew Ky Ky wanted out....McHale gifted them KG because hes an ex celtic....Demps isnt going to gift them Davis.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If all teams are healthy and playing to reasonable expectations, i'd lean towards
Raptors
Celtics
Bucks

I think there's something very special about that Toronto team; altho i think tor/bos will be one of those 6-7 game ECFs series with a couple games that go to OT. So if you're Boston, you possibly like your chances enough to stand pat and hope whatever internal stuff is going on works itself out. But if a package starting with Tatum + picks can get you AD, then idk..i guess it depends on what else they talkin bout including.

I don't think Bucks beat either of those teams unless some injuries or internal stuff festers

I agree with everything you said, and just wanted to add that Boston also has a core that is young (besides Horford), obviously already in contention, and you can assume they will only get better as the years go along. They aren’t on an accelerated timeline like the Lakers are with 34 year old Lebron, so I don’t see much incentive for them to throw Tatum (who is super young and has superstar potential) plus other young core pieces or valued assets in any deal for AD.

Idk if Danny wants to be capped out and all in on a Kyrie, AD, (Hayward?) and Horford core. Sure that’s 3-4 all-stars, but that’s a frail ass core...a lot can go wrong there, and Ainge has said he wants sustainability and long-term contention with the Celtics. They can attain another all-star player with a lesser price tag than AD and be just as well off while still maintaining future assets.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I agree with everything you said, and just wanted to add that Boston also has a core that is young (besides Horford), obviously already in contention, and you can assume they will only get better as the years go along. They aren’t on an accelerated timeline like the Lakers are with 34 year old Lebron, so I don’t see much incentive for them to throw Tatum (who is super young and has superstar potential) plus other young core pieces or valued assets in any deal for AD.

Idk if Danny wants to be capped out and all in on a Kyrie, AD, (Hayward?) and Horford core. Sure that’s 3-4 all-stars, but that’s a frail ass core...a lot can go wrong there, and Ainge has said he wants sustainability and long-term contention with the Celtics. They can attain another all-star player with a lesser price tag than AD and be just as well off while still maintaining future assets.

Gordon Hayward isnt an all star right now neither is Al Horford and Tatum probably isnt this year...I agree theres no rush but if they dont get to the finals this year and AD winds up going elsewhere in the summer,youve now wasted another year of contention...Celtics have a good core but it gets overrated,they only have ONE all star right now....

IN theory its nice to say we want to contend for 5 years but ur always one injury or one bad contract away from fukking that all up so you shouldnt be out here wasting contending years on the possibility of tomorrow...cant keep playing for tomorrow.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Facts, altho they have to be mindful too that it's hard to have one of those 4-5 year sustained runs (ala GSW, the Heatles, and '00-'04 LAL) unless you have a couple or so generational level talent paired together at the right time. Otherwise you're in danger of the Portland situation (Roy, Oden, LAL, Batum, Fernandez, etc) where you're crowned as the team that has next but it's too many pieces to incubate/juggle all at one time before bad luck ish (injuries, contract disputes, players simply not panning out, etc) starts happening.

I think a team like Philly is approaching a similar crossroads, prob more so than Boston, bc they have 2 guys with strong personalities who are ready now (Embiid, Butler) but you have 2 that look 2-3 years away (Simmons, Fultz).

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
A0-AF186-F-7-A79-468-A-A169-97479-C0-E8-FC3.png