Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
How Jaren has been treated by his own team is one of the worst rookie treatments I've ever seen in the NBA.

This is where Jaren Sr. has to channel his inner Lavar, and call out the organization.

This is a severe case of both incompetence and jealousy.
You think it’s malicious or bringing along a rookie

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
You think it’s malicious or bringing along a rookie
It's 85-90% malicious, and the rest is just incompetence, because Bickerstaff holds no one accountable for their actions EXCEPT Jaren.Nor does he run any plays for him.

The malice is coming from one person really: Conley. He wants to be an all-star, and he's jealous of the attention JJJ is receiving, and he goes out his way to sabotage him, whether its ignoring him when he has a mismatch, suddenly not being able to make entry passes, or just plain ball hogging.

It's gonna remain this way as long as Conley and Gasol are on the team.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Been box score watching the Jazz a lot this year...the fuxk is going on with Donovan Mitchell? Is he dealing with injuries, league figure out his tendencies or is he taking too many jumpshots? Between he and Rubio, jazz might have one of the worst shooting back courts in the league right now :picard:
Utah's got the same problem the Hornets did a few seasons back.

Donovan Mitchell isn't just the only real offensive threat, he's also the ONLY guy that can really dribble the ball on the roster - and Rubio doesn't really count because defenses can double off of the guy while he still has the ball.

That is just an insane amount of pressure to put on any player in the league. Especially a second year guy. This on top of the fact that the league knows Gobert is just French Hibbert now.

blac_da_rappa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
O City
Potential buyout candidates

DvCSpz2VYAAnIJI.jpg:large

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
It's 85-90% malicious, and the rest is just incompetence, because Bickerstaff holds no one accountable for their actions EXCEPT Jaren.Nor does he run any plays for him.

The malice is coming from one person really: Conley. He wants to be an all-star, and he's jealous of the attention JJJ is receiving, and he goes out his way to sabotage him, whether its ignoring him when he has a mismatch, suddenly not being able to make entry passes, or just plain ball hogging.

It's gonna remain this way as long as Conley and Gasol are on the team.
Sounds like you gotta blow it up :sas1:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
What you think this a gotcha moment?

Point is, had NO kept Hield, there woulda been more of this idea that the Pelicans didn't try to help put a roster around AD. Hield's putting it together now, but I don't think anyone would have forgiven Demps had Cousins been out here killin it for someone else while Hield's trying to figure it out. In hindsight they woulda been better off keeping Hield and the pick, but when you have a player like Davis, your window of opportunity is short as fukk.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Point is, had NO kept Hield, there woulda been more of this idea that the Pelicans didn't try to help put a roster around AD. Hield's putting it together now, but I don't think anyone would have forgiven Demps had Cousins been out here killin it for someone else while Hield's trying to figure it out. In hindsight they woulda been better off keeping Hield and the pick, but when you have a player like Davis, your window of opportunity is short as fukk.

Yea but no one is advocating they shouldn’t have traded shield. I would still do that today with Cousins bum Achilles. It’s more to do with NO incompetence at roster building

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
90% of this board was jumping for joy when NO traded Hield for Cousins. Hindsight is a motherfukker isn't it.

It was worth the risk. I don't think anyone predicted that Cousins would tear his achilles a year after the trade.

Plus this also operates on the assumption that Hield becomes the same player in New Orleans that he has become in Sacramento. Let's not forget when the trade happened, he was pretty much instantly more productive in SAC than he was in NO. As far as the pick again, I don't think that changes much for the Pelicans situation.