Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'm with those who thinks Ingles and Gobert have to become viable offensive threats. Gobert especially he is too much of a defensive force that any type of offense from him improves the team

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Jazz didn't overachieve as much as opposing teams didn't have the full scope on what they could bring. Gobert coming back when he did forced a lot of teams off balance and Mitchell was thought to be more of a hotstreak than a go-to player up until near the end of the year as well.

Teams just focused on them now. Plus other teams in the West improved while they stayed remarkably stagnant. Rubio and Favors being incredibly limited offensively is a big problem for them. Their defense might be great, but if you're not making players work on both ends you're going to lose more games than you should...

hit the nail on the head. these 2 are by far the biggest problem both offensively and defensively. rubio has been getting scorched by opposing PG's and is a significant net negative offensively despite his assists and +/- numbers.

I mean just look at this shyt...rubio is dreadful.

DrVCICrVAAAmOy1.jpg:large

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Jazz got hot like the Heat did a couple years ago. Their schedule was rough & Gobert got hurt early, he came back & the schedule lightened up & they made a run.

Haven't seen them yet so I don't know how the rules have impacted their defense like everybody else, but Rubio ain't shooting like he was last year & now teams know who Mitchell is (doesn't help that he ain't efficent either, last year he was taking 17 shots to average 20 & this year he's taking 20 to average 22) & if he ain't got it going their in trouble.