Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
I really like Dennis Lindsey but he needs to get rid of Scrubio before he loses even more trade value

i had a few dumbass jazz fans arguing with me and trying to un me off on realgm that he is great for their team after I called him a bum who had a fluke end of year last year. no team will every win anything of substance with him starting.

I know it’s early but the Jazz seemed like a team that overacheived last year

Mitchell will improve and is the real deal but who’s the 2nd option? Joe Ingles? They don’t have a guy who should even be a 4th option on a contender offensively after Mitchell

ingles/gobert should be 2nd option. burks/allen or allen/burks are viable 3rd and 4th options, but snyder is misusing them. their starting lineup has absolutely zero spacing with only mitchell and ingles as viable oustide threats. crowder and o'neale have periodically played well but are very streaky. then snyder throws in exum periodically w/ rubio and spacing gets even worse. watch their games and watch how much tjhe floor and driving lanes open up when burks are allen are in and hang out in the short corner 3. same when niang is in. when rubio, exum, and/or favors are in, the court gets smaller since they constantly get helped off of, and gobert and mitchell become less effective. they have to get rid of rubio and favors and decide if exum is worth further development.

Exum is horrible

he is much better at change of pace than rubio, but can and only drives right where he bricks most of his layups. i like him better than rubio for defensive/athletic purposes and he's a better outside threat then rubio although that's not saying much. rubio's defense is vastly overrated as are his assists since he dominates the ball alot (while also making dumb turnovers). neto may be better than both of them but stays injured.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I know it’s early but the Jazz seemed like a team that overacheived last year

Mitchell will improve and is the real deal but who’s the 2nd option? Joe Ingles? They don’t have a guy who should even be a 4th option on a contender offensively after Mitchell
You're underrating Ingles.

Not even a 4th option?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Jazz didn't overachieve as much as opposing teams didn't have the full scope on what they could bring. Gobert coming back when he did forced a lot of teams off balance and Mitchell was thought to be more of a hotstreak than a go-to player up until near the end of the year as well.

Teams just focused on them now. Plus other teams in the West improved while they stayed remarkably stagnant. Rubio and Favors being incredibly limited offensively is a big problem for them. Their defense might be great, but if you're not making players work on both ends you're going to lose more games than you should...