Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
As long as Simmons cant shoot theyll never be a contender...Big defender you can take him out the game,hes not even looking for his offense tonight.
I told some people in here when Sixers lost to the Celtics that Ben Simmon isn't all that great, and the Sixers were not going to repeat the same success. People thought I was crazy. :pachaha:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Man preach, I love Ben but there is absolutely no reason for him to have been drafted in 2016 and still not have some semblance of a jump shot. Yes he was out the whole year he got drafted but even Hayward was putting up shots while sitting down in a chair when he was hurt. It's like all he does even in offseasons is try to bully ball his way to the basket and either put it up at the rim or dish it out. I seen him in those runs at UCLA and nothing changed.

Hes also really adamant that he doesnt need a jumpshot to succeed. He gets mad at people for telling him he needs a jumper to reach the next level :francis:

His arrogance in that regard really makes me question if he'll ever understand. Hell we aint even asking for much, if he could even hit the elbow jumper consistently it would completely open the floor.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Hes also really adamant that he doesnt need a jumpshot to succeed. He gets mad at people for telling him he needs a jumper to reach the next level :francis:

His arrogance in that regard really makes me question if he'll ever understand. Hell we aint even asking for much, if he could even hit the elbow jumper consistently it would completely open the floor.
Exactly, its like he's fine with it. I guess it's gonna take him losing to the C's, or the Raps(if Kawhi stays), maybe even if the Bucks take a leap for the next few years for him to smarten up

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Lowkey just realized last night this was the first ever meeting between Simmons and Leonard

And you see what happened. Simmons had what 11 turnovers? Kawhi is the best defender in the league it's like nikkas forgot how he made his name. Ben hasnt added anything to his game since last year. There's too many young nikkas gunning for that top spot for him to be so casual bout this shyt. And I fukk with Ben.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You're underestimating
a.) how many owners actually want to make the playoffs and will do anything to get there
b.) Wall's star power and how he could sell tix for small market teams
c.) the stupidity of NBA Gms and their willingness to do anything to save their jobs (i.e.: Dell Demps with the Cousins trade)

If Wall was put on the block tomorrow, there'd be a line of teams willing to trade for him despite his knees and that contract. Even tho there's a ton of teams who have PGs, what's stopping a team like Orlando for trading for him? They're starting DJ Augustin.
From people I been messaging around the league with some knowledge. They tell me his contract is toxic level. No one wants it. Washington is trying to get a clause passed so they can get out of it. Everyone wants out of Washington but Wall. Something is wrong. Beal and Porter want to be traded. Porter had suitors but Washington doesnt like the return. Minny wants him for Butler but Butler wants nothing to do with Washington.

Beal wants out but Washington wants equal value. Washington is in a really bad position. Everyone says the same thing. Washington has shopped Wall to everyone and he has NO takers.

That contract is cancerous brehs. Porter is the most likely to be moved but he is the one they want to keep the most with Beal. They have had it with Wall but so has the league it seems.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Sports media company The Athletic swings for the fences with another $40m in funding

Axios reports that 2-year-old subscription-based sports media company The Athletic just raised another $40m, co-led by Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund and Bedrock Capital.

That brings their total to $70m — at a $200m valuation.

According to the report, the company has 100k paying subscribers with an annual $72 subscription fee (not including discounts to sign up, etc.).

That would put their annual recurring revenue at $7.2m — which, even at a typical SaaS software multiplier of 5x, does not a $200m valuation make, so they must have some real “hockey stick growth” in their 3-to-5-year projections.