Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps

:wow:

There was never anything negative with the Pelicans. We felt like we were creating something special. We had AD, we had Jrue, doing what they do on a nightly basis. We were steadily building that foundation you need to win. I was heavy involved in recruiting new guys. I helped get Rajon Rondo. I helped get Jameer Nelson. I helped get Tony Allen, I helped get Ian Clark. I helped get Nikola Mirotic. Even after I was injured, I was making a case for the guys I thought would fit there. Like I said, we were building that foundation.

And last year in the playoffs, I was proud of how those guys played. We swept the Blazers and we gave the Warriors a lot of heart. Look at it: We were the only team, outside of Houston, that took a game off them. I never wanted to play ball more in my life than that series. Still proud of y’all.

Then free agency hit. It was a lot of, We might be interested. We don’t know if it’s the right fit. All of a sudden, I wasn’t hearing from the Pelicans. I wasn’t hearing from no one. That was tough. We in a nasty business, at times. I don’t even say that in a good or bad way. It’s just no place to get too emotional. The facts are still the same. I was expecting to be back in New Orleans, and I was proud of what we were starting there.

:wow

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps

Steph has been great through all this. He’s been texting me this summer. It’s usually like a photo of him cheesing super hard.

Draymond and I talked a few times. He’s been great. And even KD came through Vegas this summer and we kicked it. The rest of the summer, he was still sending me texts about how he was in shock about it. He’s like, “I still can’t believe this happened.” Me neither, man.

Didn’t talk to Klay until right before training camp. Don’t know where that dude was at this summer. China, is my guess? But for real, I’m looking forward to being that guy’s teammate. All the guys talk about him as the best teammate. Need some of the zen Klay’s got.

Think about this for a second. We are talking a group of MVPs and All-Stars who have won the championship three outta the last four years.

And no egos about adding another guy to the lineup. It’s special.

giphy.gif