Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
35bff3p.jpg
:wow: that stating five

sosfid.jpg
The new big three :ohlawd: Playoff time!!
3KiKxoz.png

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
That writer never saw Bargnani play in Toronto and that article is a GREAT indication of how corny ass analytics are lame in basketball,hes actually using em to suggest Bargs is an elite perimeter defender...No words,thats just horrible writing...

Woodson tries that,hell find out very quickly why he cant.... :laff: at Bargnani and elite defender being in the same sentence...Im almost as hype to watch the Knicks this year just to see how fukkn frustrated Woody and that team will get....

I don't think the writer was suggesting Bargs defending 3's is a good idea, and I think most analytic dudes would laugh at the notion of Bargs defending 3's being a good idea. Melo should be the offensive 4 and defensive 3, and Bargs vice versa.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I don't think the writer was suggesting Bargs defending 3's is a good idea, and I think most analytic dudes would laugh at the notion of Bargs defending 3's being a good idea. Melo should be the offensive 4 and defensive 3, and Bargs vice versa.

UGH did you read the article ? he suggests moving Bargnani to the 3 defensively is a good idea,aides the Knicks problems and uses metric BS to co sign that hes a good jump shot defender and has been elite in that regard the past 2 seasons,both of which are terribly incorrect....in fact the only thing defensively you can leave to that italian bum is post defense where he can at least use his body and arms in the paint as a deterrent and you dont have to worry about him having to think...

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
All I Mean Is, Coming Into NY, There Isnt A Heavy Weight On His Shoulders, If Hes Useless With A Decent Game Once A Month Against A Subpar Team Then He'll Have Filled The Steve Novak Role lol

If He Can Actually ADD Something To The Mix On A Regular Basis Then We Already Got Our Worth

I Guarantee You He's A Better Defender Than Novak

Novak On The Floor Is A Automatic 10-0 Run For The Other Team, I Kid You Not, I Seen Teams (And I Actually Think It Was The Raptors) Go On 12-0 RUNS, JUST Scoring On Steve Novak, Im Not Exaggerating

Bargnani is a better overall player than Novak, but his role was outsized in Toronto and he makes 3-4 times as much money. In a shooting contest I'd take Novak though.

It'll be interesting to see how Woodson handles Andrea, he can drop 25+ with ease on certain nights but can absolutely murder your team on others. Oftentimes even while he's getting 20.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Stephen A :bustback: Bynum at 6:35. We'll see tho, cuz if he gets healthy this season, cleveland will shock everybody.

Outside of that, As long as McHale doesnt put Howard and Asik in at the same time, Rockets should be top 3 in the West, but most likely a 4th seed by default if the spurs have a better record.

Golden state is relying on 2 miracles for them to have any semblance of contention. Andrew Bogut's health, and Steph Curry's ankles. :patrice:

If those fall in line, yes, you could theoretically challenge the clippers for one of the top 3 seeds in the west, but thats two many ifs. Even so, just being better than the clippers does't guarantee you a trip to NBA finals or even the WCF. Ask the Memphis Grizzlies, who have proven that in the playoffs the last 2 years. The west will be very close this year. I think San Antonio and Houston have the potential to seperate themselves from the pack. Clippers, Grizz, Warriors will challenge them, but i don't think any of those teams have the pieces needed to knock out Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, or James Harden and Dwight Howard. You have a lot of stars in the West, and a lot of good teams, but you need the right combination of both elements to prevail in the west, unless you have a Dirk Nowitski on your team.

Last 10 winners of the West

2013 - Spurs - Parker/Duncan
2012 - OKC - Durant/Westbrook
2011 - Mavs - Dirk
2010 - Lakers - Kobe/Gasol
2009 - Lakers - Kobe/Gasol
2008 - Lakers - Kobe/Gasol
2007 - Spurs - Parker/Duncan/ginoboli
2006 - Mavs - Dirk
2005 - Spurs - Duncan/Parker/ginoboli
2004 - Lakers - Shaq/Kobe

I expect, another star tandem or trio to take it this year in the west, unless Dirk shocks the world for a 3rd time. It could be Parker/Duncan again, or CP3/Griffin if the Doc hype is accurate. But Harden/Howard is right up there in the combination of Star power and team make up to get the job done, and that I believe, will give them the edge over Golden State. Nothing against yall, because the same applies towards OKC, until Westbrook can prove to be healthy.
How many seasons has Curry not played at least 70 games?

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bargnani is a better overall player than Novak, but his role was outsized in Toronto and he makes 3-4 times as much money. In a shooting contest I'd take Novak though.

It'll be interesting to see how Woodson handles Andrea, he can drop 25+ with ease on certain nights but can absolutely murder your team on others. Oftentimes even while he's getting 20.

They're Probably Both In Better Situations, I've Said Countless Times I Hate Novak BUT We Werent Using Him To The Best Of His Ability, He'd Kill On Teams Like San Antonio Or Houston, Lets See How The Raptors Use Him

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

I think you overrate his talent,if he COULD drop 25 so easily why didnt he do it on a nightly basis and play in all star games,as sh1tty as his rebounding and defensive accumen is i still argue his offensive is very very overrated....If teams just watch him and realize you dont need to run out at a 30 % 3 pt shooter all those awkward drives to the basket dry up for him and then hes got nothing...

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again, how many seasons has Steph not played at least 70 games?

if you watched that video, you would know, no matter how many games he play, he's most likely playing in pain, and he's one ankle roll away from being Bill Walton style. Hoping he will be healthy is like hoping for a healthy Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, Wade, Kobe, Bynum or Oden. Funny out of all those players, (including curry) Oden is the healthiest, lol.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
if you watched that video, you would know, no matter how many games he play, he's most likely playing in pain, and he's one ankle roll away from being Bill Walton style. Hoping he will be healthy is like hoping for a healthy Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, Wade, Kobe, Bynum or Oden. Funny out of all those players, (including curry) Oden is the healthiest, lol.
Steph played in 78 games last year, we're not worried about it.